Dell PowerEdge C6220 12 Bay CTO/BareBones - $750.00each (Group/Bulk Order!)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WScott66

Nov 11, 2013
Update on interest:

marsh: 1
buryat: 1
ultradense: 1
doup93: 1
darkconz: 1
PithyChats: 1
jlaplaca: 1
OkiieDoe: 1
Kal G: 1

9 Units total wanted...
Thursday is the deadline...

Hank C., NetWise, capn_pineapple, PersonalJ, any of you interested?
3 days till this is a go or a bust! (6 units to go!)

capn_pineapple

Aug 28, 2013
no can do buddy, moved house over the weekend, funds are tighter than a camels @ss in a sandstorm.

the price for the servers is incredible, but as $1200 shipping to oz, it's just not worth it.

Kal G

Oct 29, 2014
I'm pretty sure Kal G said he's interested in buying eight units. Read what he said again.

I know this deal is incredibly solid, but I can't yet make confirmation, need to wait few more days for some things to clear out before I can determine if I can afford it.
That's correct, I'm interested in eight units.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
no can do buddy, moved house over the weekend, funds are tighter than a camels @ss in a sandstorm.

the price for the servers is incredible, but as $1200 shipping to oz, it's just not worth it.
Hi Capn_Pinapple,

I'm in Australia too. How did you get price for shipping as it seems pricy.

I set up an account myself with FedEx and shipped 2 x C6100 (complete units) from USA and it cost me about $1492.
After this FedEx kept contacting me offering discounts, if you ask for a client manager up front, they may offer discount on your first shipment.

I use 'Shipito' these days and I estimate it may cost about $600, but don't quote me on this. They have a calculator on their website. I sent a empty Supermicro 3U 18 bay server chassis (66lbs) with 2 power supplies for $250 with 'Shipito' using TNT. (TNT seem much cheaper than FedEx using 'Shipito' service.) Only problem using 'Shipito is that you may have to pay a courier company to sent it to Shipito, which would negate the costs. (PS don't forget our GST is payable on goods and freight if they (combined) exceed $1000 threshold and there is about $40 customs fee as well).

I hope this helps :)

PithyChats

Feb 3, 2015
Update on interest:

marsh: 1
buryat: 1
ultradense: 1
doup93: 1
darkconz: 1
PithyChats: 1
jlaplaca: 1
OkiieDoe: 1
Kal G: 1

9 Units total wanted...
Thursday is the deadline...

Hank C., NetWise, capn_pineapple, PersonalJ, any of you interested?
3 days till this is a go or a bust! (6 units to go!)
Just to confirm I am in for 1 unit for sure, and would be willing to take 2 to make the deal happen, but it looks like with Kal G, that won't be necessary.

capn_pineapple

Aug 28, 2013
Hi Capn_Pinapple,

I'm in Australia too. How did you get price for shipping as it seems pricy.

I set up an account myself with FedEx and shipped 2 x C6100 (complete units) from USA and it cost me about $1492.
After this FedEx kept contacting me offering discounts, if you ask for a client manager up front, they may offer discount on your first shipment.

I use 'Shipito' these days and I estimate it may cost about $600, but don't quote me on this. They have a calculator on their website. I sent a empty Supermicro 3U 18 bay server chassis (66lbs) with 2 power supplies for $250 with 'Shipito' using TNT. (TNT seem much cheaper than FedEx using 'Shipito' service.) Only problem using 'Shipito is that you may have to pay a courier company to sent it to Shipito, which would negate the costs. (PS don't forget our GST is payable on goods and freight if they (combined) exceed $1000 threshold and there is about $40 customs fee as well).

I hope this helps :)
It's an approximate price from when I was shipping servers to the US subsidiary of the company I work for. Based on size and weight.

Alec

Feb 6, 2015
How much extra would it be for a e5 processor (what is available?) 8 or 16gb of 1600 ecc?

WScott66

Nov 11, 2013
Apologies all,

But as of yesterday I was told that even after making the arrangements he had another customer that has purchased most of his inventory.
He explained this was due to his ability to sell other cursory items(eg: cpu'S, memory, ETC..).
He states he has 10 units left and at this point its first come first serve.
My apologies but I have been trying to make him come up with the full 15 units to honor the arrangements, but he does not have them.

So here is the vendors contact information:
Paul Palazzolo
Tel: 713.335.9810
paul.palazzolo@servermonkey.com

Oh, when you contact him please make mention that you are part of the deal with Bill Scott. so he knows your expecting to pay 750 for the barebone unit.
He has all the parts to make these complete systems what the price will be will depend on the options you select to put in them.
He will also offer up to a 5 year warrantee on the units if you purchase a complete unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kal G

Kal G

Oct 29, 2014
Looks like they won't sell these barebones at all. For reference, their configured systems (C6220 LFF, 8x E5-2620s, 4x 64GB RAM, no drives) were about $800 more than a similarly configured unit on eBay.

* Edited for accuracy.

Last edited:

Kal G

Oct 29, 2014
By the way Bill, thanks for trying to put this together. We do appreciate you taking the time to help your fellow forum members.

WScott66

Nov 11, 2013
Has anyone purchased a unit from him?

Kal,

I'll take it your talking about the system listed on eBay by NES International for $6799.00 as it matches your spec perfectly.
I just reached out to Paul and expect him to respond quickly but I think he can get this price lower!
Give me a day or so and Ill let you know what I can him to do for you.
If he gets this down to around 5K will you purchase 8, which I believe was the quantity you were originally looking for?

Kal G

Oct 29, 2014
Has anyone purchased a unit from him?

Kal,

I'll take it your talking about the system listed on eBay by NES International for $6799.00 as it matches your spec perfectly.
I just reached out to Paul and expect him to respond quickly but I think he can get this price lower!
Give me a day or so and Ill let you know what I can him to do for you.
If he gets this down to around 5K will you purchase 8, which I believe was the quantity you were originally looking for?
I appreciate it Bill, but I only needed one configured unit as a baseline for the rest. Since I can't purchase the other systems in a barebones configuration, I'll be going a different route to meet my requirements. Thanks.

WScott66

Nov 11, 2013
Kal G,

So I did speak to Paul and when I pushed back he got a little feisty... Needless to say he is saying that you are not comparing apples to apples...
He states that his system which he quoted you at $7,150.00 included the 2-Port 10GbE Mezz cards and a full 1 year warranty, unlike the NES units 30-Day warranty and no Mezz cards.
The Mezz card average about $90.00 a pop and I know Paul charges $125 for 1 year unit of warranty coverage. You add all that up your looking at $505.00 of his price.
Take that from the $7150.00 and your at $6645.00 which is $154.00 cheaper... I'm sure he will knock off the Mezz cards if you ask, not so sure about the 1 year warranty...

Anyhow, its your choice on who, what and where you purchase equipment. just want to make sure everything is factual.

Also, When I spoke to him he is interested in populating the systems, preferring not to sell them as CTO/barebones, which is what we originally discussed.
Him being able to sell some 30+ units to a customer of his has him seeing dollar figures...

Kal G

Oct 29, 2014
That's interesting as he didn't mention the mezzanine cards or warranty when he quoted it to me. That said, I did not ask for any details regarding the configuration when I found out he wouldn't sell the other units as barebones. Also, the NES unit wasn't what I was comparing to. Thanks for checking. If he changes his mind on the barebones issue, he knows he can contact me.

sloop

Mar 18, 2013
Looking at this page, the Bios update seems to be for both C6220 and C6220 II clearly showing V2 microcode, so it should work.

Dell PowerEdge C6220 / C6220 II BIOS Version 2.5.3 Driver Details | Dell US

Can anyone else confirm?
I thought the same thing.. but after applying the BIOS 2.5.3 to a C6220 board, it was not able to POST with a v2 CPU, unfortunately.

I would love to be wrong about this, but it appears there is a reason that they came out with the updated C6220 II hardware.