Dell PERC h310 (LSI 2008) $20 + free shipping - 2 available.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
An honest question as to where a good use case for these is. It has to be somewhere I'm not seeing them so perhaps in IT mode or for VSAN or something?

I ask because I've been pulling these from servers that should have had an H710 with cache and BBU for the use case.

So legitimately curious where these shine as I may end up with a few...

badskater

Automation Architect
May 8, 2013
Canada
An honest question as to where a good use case for these is. It has to be somewhere I'm not seeing them so perhaps in IT mode or for VSAN or something?

I ask because I've been pulling these from servers that should have had an H710 with cache and BBU for the use case.

So legitimately curious where these shine as I may end up with a few...
It can easily ne flashes to IT mode. Si it's à good HBA. It's well used un vSAN as well.

Here's more info about using it in IT mode and vSAN.

How-to Flash Dell Perc H310 with IT Firmware To Change Queue Depth from 25 to 600 - ESX Virtualization

helsyeah

Aug 22, 2015
Cool. I thought I'd seen an article about cross flashing it for queue depth in VSAN. Certainly no good for RAID5 ESXI data stores.
I'm just dipping my toe into building my own NAS and so my research has pointed me to these cards. It appears they really appeal to the software RAID crowd and from what I understand are one of the best budget options for a ZFS (or similar) configuration.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Nice score, bested me on my 2x @ $40 Dell 9210-8i's I got last week. I thought that was a deal. I would have snagged all 4 of these had I saw them :-D