Dell PE T340 e2134 8GB for $700 in CDW Outlet

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Dell's part# is 2XHCW and in a search I couldn't find it elsewhere for under $1k, so $700 is a significant discount, and I think it may even drop in price one more time or maybe even two in the next week or two:
DELL PE T340 E-2134 8GB (BSTK) - 2XHCW-BSTK - Z - CDW Internal Use/Service Pts - CDW.com
DELL PE T340 E-2134 8GB (BSTK) - 2XHCW-BSTK - Z - CDW Internal Use/Service Pts - CDW.com

The cpu sips power and the chassis can hold quite a few sas drives, so a nice little unit for a nas build. Of course, there may be other cheaper ways to build a nas, but if you need this exact unit, this is the best price for it.

As usual CDW outlet items may be open box, clearance, etc, but they have full warranties.

David

Dec 31, 2015
I can't find it in the specs. Does the drive backplane support SAS3 (12G) drives at full speed?

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I can't find it in the specs. Does the drive backplane support SAS3 (12G) drives at full speed?
I'd call CDW and get the service tag number and look it up to confirm, but I think it has a perc H330, which is spec'd as a 12G sas controller.

posternutbag

Jan 2, 2019
I am so tired of this guy who only posts CDW "deals"
I'm so tired of people who either
  1. think that a company with $15b+ revenue would employ someone to pimp their one-off "outlet" products on user forums, or
  2. presume to know what others feel constitute a "deal".
eBay isn't the only source of online retailers in the world. It's ok to believe that someone else might want products that aren't 5+ years old and do come with warranties, or better yet to accept the fact that you can never know what people's needs are. I can name several things I've purchased from the CDW Outlet that I couldn't have found anywhere else cheaper new or used, that had the added benefit of full manufacturer warranties and the comfort of knowing I could simply return them if they didn't work to my liking for whatever reason.

My beef with CDW in general is their shipping charges. In the real world, they are fairly reasonable, but I live in a bubble no doubt blown by Amazon that seems to make it really hard to pay for such a legitimate charge. So, I just order on my company's account (using my personal CC of course), since we have membership shipping with them. Which is pretty reasonable itself, but apparently draws the line at 65" commercial displays
and
246lb copiers

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir and nthu9280

Dev_Mgr

Sep 20, 2014
Texas
Note that the PERC H330 does not support passthrough mode and it doesn't offer cache, so raid 5 performance is pretty lousy. For passthrough, if looking at official Dell solutions, you'd want to go with the HBA330 (easy to confuse for an H330, but definitely different queue depths). I deal with the HBA330 quite frequently from setting up vSAN clusters.

The T340 is a 14th generation server, so with a hotswap backplane and a PERC H330 it should be 12Gbit SAS and/or 6Gbit SATA for max speed.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
My beef with CDW in general is their shipping charges. In the real world, they are fairly reasonable, but I live in a bubble no doubt blown by Amazon that seems to make it really hard to pay for such a legitimate charge. So, I just order on my company's account (using my personal CC of course), since we have membership shipping with them. Which is pretty reasonable itself, but apparently draws the line at 65" commercial displays
and
246lb copiers
I got my first sticker shock today to the point that I let them use our UPS account that has negotiated rates. How much of a difference have you seen in the shipping rates when you let them use your own account?

Yeah, those larger items sounds like freight. :eek:

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
It's ok to believe that someone else might want products that aren't 5+ years old and do come with warranties, or better yet to accept the fact that you can never know what people's needs are. I can name several things I've purchased from the CDW Outlet that I couldn't have found anywhere else cheaper new or used, that had the added benefit of full manufacturer warranties and the comfort of knowing I could simply return them if they didn't work to my liking for whatever reason.
And this is why I post what I find when I think someone else might be able to use it. There's a lot of deployments that need a particular piece of hardware and finding that hardware for 1/2 price is never a bad thing. ;)