Dell part number reference / price list - HUGE

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
I was searching for info on a specific Dell part number and one of the returned Google search results was on a site mysteriously named "ftpbox.us.dell.com". It doesn't allow directory listings, but you can throw search terms like "site:ftpbox.us.dell.com something" at Google and see what sticks. One of those searches contained a URL for "Dell's published Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price List" which actually works and returns an 18,000+ page PDF! o_O

I found it at ftpbox.us.dell.com/slg/weekly/dellpricereport.pdf (copy and paste the link into your browser, it probably isn't a good idea to hotlink to it from here).

Here are some of the "category codes" to help decipher that list:
Code:
A    Band 1 Dell Desktops;
     Band 2 Dell Laptops
A    Band 4 Dell Servers;
     Band 5 Dell Storage
A    Networking, IoT, Printers, Monitors, Tablets, Projectors, Dell-branded Customer Kits
F    Selected Printer Related Products/Accessories
H    Ships Fast Pre-Configured Latitude, OptiPlex, Workstations
M    Select Third Party Software (e.g. Adobe Perpetual Licenses)
M    Select Third Party Software Licenses & Peripherals
M    Some Dell-branded memory, SonicWall, Wyse, RSA Security, Compellent, Credant
S    Imaging, Latitude, PowerEdge server, Vostro and XPS Notebooks; Selected Latitude; Selected PowerEdge; Power Connect; EqualLogic; Monitors
U    Spare Parts
V    Standard upgrade/ downgrade options with discounts that vary based upon the system in which the item is installed
X    Select Third Party Software Maintenance Support, Subscriptions and Renewals & Peripherals
Z/ZS/Z1    On-site – Next Business Day On-site (extended yrs.), Critical Care On-site Service (all yrs.); other services
The descriptions aren't particularly informative (things like "ASSY,CBL,DC-IN,MANTIS14/15") but it does have lots of part numbers that don't seem to be anywhere else. It only includes current (and probably recently-discontinued) parts, so if you're looking for things like Studio 1558 lid part numbers (all 200+ of them!) you're out of luck.

Last edited:

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
While it doesn't say "confidential", pretty sure it's somewhere among those lines.
Oh yeah, beware its a 100mbyte file, for those on metered connection here.

Reactions: Samir

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
While it doesn't say "confidential", pretty sure it's somewhere among those lines.
I considered that before posting, but the links on Dell's site refer to it as "Dell's published Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price List" and it lists retail prices as set by Dell, not discounted prices.

Also, other people seem to have downloaded this information already, and published it in a more useful (searchable) format, such as this one.

Oh yeah, beware its a 100mbyte file, for those on metered connection here.
True. I figured "18,000+ page PDF" would be enough of a warning, but thanks for pointing that out.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
OH SHIT, LETS DO THIS:

Doesn't include DP/Ns for things like the M6500's Quadro 5000M (D73P8) unfortunately :(

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
I considered that before posting, but the links on Dell's site refer to it as "Dell's published Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price List" and it lists retail prices as set by Dell, not discounted prices.

Also, other people seem to have downloaded this information already, and published it in a more useful (searchable) format, such as this one.

True. I figured "18,000+ page PDF" would be enough of a warning, but thanks for pointing that out.
haha no way:

It even has very old part numbers like 9H753, the Precision M50/Latitude C840's UltraSharp ASV display!

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
It even has very old part numbers like 9H753, the Precision M50/Latitude C840's UltraSharp ASV display!
I think they just add or update database records and don't replace the whole database when they get a pricing update. If you know the part number, that's a very handy way to get the description. Also, if you know the internal designation for a particular model (for example, the Studio 1558 is 'Hanks'), you can search by that to get a list of parts for that model.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Too bad there is not an xls/ xlsx version.

SLG = state and local government? If so, many states require that price lists be accessible 24/7 for 3 years.