Dell J23c 23 bay storage $83.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TubaMT

Jul 26, 2014
Wow! This looks like a great deal.

Has anybody used these before? Any experience on how to set them up?

I just contacted to the seller to see if I could get more information for this chassis. I'll let you know what I find out.

TubaMT

Jul 26, 2014
This is the reply I got from the seller after asking him if it would work with an IBM M1015:

"The power supply is a 520w power supply, the back plane is also included. You should be able to upgrade the power supply if you wanted to. Our tech also says you should not have a problem connecting it to your IBM as long as you are using both mini sas connectors"

I did not ask him anything about SAS1/SAS2 though, but from reading your other thread @Chuckleb, it seems like it would be wise to stay away from SAS1 backplanes.

Edit: Just sent him an ebay message asking if he knew if they were SAS1 or SAS2 backplanes.

Edit #2: Seller said he was not sure about it being SAS1 or SAS2 unfortunately :'( So it looks like it could be either. But from @Stanza's link it seems to be 3G SAS.

I don't know if I'm going to bite yet or not. What does everybody think?

Last edited:

tby

Aug 22, 2013
Snellville, GA
set-inform.com
I guess my updates to the old thread got lost in the crash. It's a SAS1 chassis, uses the disk trays, backplanes, expanders, and I believe the power supply from the Intel SR2612UR. Each SAS port goes to a separate expander, one front and one back.

TubaMT

Jul 26, 2014
@tby How is it working for you? How are you using this chassis and how is it connected? What drive trays are you going to use for it? Sorry for so many questions. I was planning on passing this but am reconsidering it again.