Dell H730P Recovery help needed

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

The_DnK

Dec 17, 2020
Hi there! One year ago bought this raid controller, it was working fine. In process of shipment of server on post asked to remove controller's battery. After server arrived to me, controller wont start with an error "F/W is in fault state - MFI Register State 0xF0FF2302". So i was lazy to fix anyway, so i kept it on shelf for some time.
After some time we decided to order new battery, and clear NVRAM, but its didnt help. So i found a video on youtube of recovery of H710 from same error. So i found a firmware, made bootable DOS stick and tried to flash it, but I ignored a message from MegaRec "Warning! IO Base address high. Currently not supported." and flashed it. After it is report as success, i rebooted server and found out, bios get halted.bios_excp.jpg
I was confused about it. After digging out found some crossflash info, and again video from same channel about recovery of bricked H310 mini.. So i order a programmer, read out a bios and found bios chip is nearly empty, with a bit of data on it (attached binary).

I need help guys with recory!

I filled bios chip with zeros, so it is allow me to run server, of couse server's bios do not detect a card, but MegaRec and sas3flash can see it. Digging around broadcom website found a bios for LSI3108 and firmware. Tried to flash it using sas3flash or storcli, but it says firmware have not valid signature. When was trying flashing bios, is says bios bin is okay, but it can not upload it for some reason.
If somebody of you have an programmer and working H730/P, please upload a bios dump from chip with sticker on back side of board. It is should be 8KB binary. I tried to cut this binary from ROMs and bios files, but not looks like i could extract them using HEX editor.

Any suggestions for restoration would be welcome.

Attachments

The_DnK

Dec 17, 2020
I found out, what H330 and H730 has same bios, so if you have a H330, please upload SBR/SPD and if you can, bios flash dump. :)

The_DnK

Dec 17, 2020
Guys, if i have an next POST error,
a1.jpg
Is it problem with controller's RAM or with memory flash containing a firmware?