Dell H200 (IT) BIOS space

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BestGear

Aug 25, 2014
Hi Guys

I have tried to add a dual port NIC to my Gigabyte X58 motherboard that has three Dell H200's with IT firmware on them, and seem to be out of option ROM space.

Basically, what happens is that the NIC is typically seen by the IS (2k8R2) and none of the three H200's appear. If I remove the NIC, then the H200's are all ok.

The NIC I am using is one of the 5706 iSCSI pcie dual cards and i dont think there is any way to disable the option ROM on them.

So - plan B - can I reflash the H200's and not flash a boot ROM - is that an option?

Plan C is get another dual NIC.... which would be a shame as its more cash.

Thanks in advance

David

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Yes - kill the boot rom on the HBAs. That is an option with LSI cards and should save quite a lot of option rom space.

BestGear

Aug 25, 2014
Thought I would come back and share the solution.

Changed option rom and that made no difference.

I reset bios on the motherboard to default and powered it up with all required cards in it, and it worked ok!

After much playing around prior to this....I wish I had thought of it earlier.

David

uldise

Jul 2, 2020
Sorry to revive such old thread but looks like i'm encountering very similar with my Dell H200..

so, i just cross-flashed my Dell H200 to LSI latest IT firmware without card boot ROM on my Supermicro X8 server board - card is working as expected - connected HDD to test and it shows up as expected.

then i moved this card to my desktop board - older Asus H97-Plus, and card is not visible at all - heartbeat Led not blinking, bios show no card in this slot. i tried both x16 slots to no avail.
i have tried another desktop board - asrock fatal1ty z77 professional-m, and result is the same.
i tried this duct tape mod to cover pins 5 and 6 with electric tape - didn't help either..

so i'm stuck with that, any suggestion welcome.. or please suggest a similar card that works with these desktop boards..

Thanks,
Uldis