Dell/ Force10 32 port 40GbE < $1000????

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tby

Aug 22, 2013
Snellville, GA
set-inform.com
Make sure it has an OS or you can get it before buying one of these. Most of the units turning up on eBay have had their storage removed / wiped. I managed to con my way into a Force10 support account and I see firmware for pretty much everything they made that I know of... except the Z9000.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a force 10 account?
I assume just like any other major networking vendor Force10 (Dell networking/owns them) wants you to register serial/device and obtain an 'official' support account in order to download firmware/open support cases (usually by paid support or current support contracts)...pretty typical, I have a cisco/juniper acct for these snenanigans and dealings w/ that type of gear, only one I know of off hand that does not make you jump through hoops is HP w/ their Procurve line of networking gear.

2cents.

~whitey

Chuntzu

Jun 30, 2013
I can setup a Force10 account for myself and provide software for anyone that needs it.
I would appreciate that! I'm curious to know if they just wiped the ssd, which from my understanding is just extra storage, and that the firmware is still intact

tby

Aug 22, 2013
Snellville, GA
set-inform.com
I would appreciate that! I'm curious to know if they just wiped the ssd, which from my understanding is just extra storage, and that the firmware is still intact
A couple of Z9000 listings call out that the internal CF is also missing / wiped. There is only one current listing that has console output showing the thing actually boots.

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
On the same vein, does anyone have an Oracle account? They refuse to lift a finger to help with my infiniband 36 switch which clearly can do with a new firmware

freetree

Aug 26, 2019
My contact left Dell about 2 weeks ago.... I am working on getting another account setup.
Hi for all, I am brand new here. Do someone have active account and can me help with download last firmware for Dell Z9000?