Dell C6220 II Chassis $325 + s/h

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jfoor

Feb 4, 2017
Listing

I purchased one of these, they're listed as gen 1 but when I got it the refurbished service tag showed gen 2. I believe the box itself is gen 1 refurbished by Dell with gen 2 internals.

The machine is spotless..looked like it had never seen the inside of a rack. Mine had a few scuffs on the exterior but the refurbished bits inside are brand new.

Seller was helpful and shipped quickly. It's listed at $365 + $40 s/h .. I offered $325 and they accepted first offer so you might be able to go lower. This chassis will work with gen 1 and 2 nodes. I have two gen1 nodes in it right now..if anyone needs help getting the fans to slow down msg me.

At the time of positing they have 8 left so maybe this deal isn't amazing but I was super excited to get a gen 2 box for cheaper than I can find the first gen ones plus it's so damn clean.

Last edited:

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I don't think there's any discernible difference between how the Gen 1 and 2 look externally, I would be interested to see what it is about the internals that makes you think it could be gen 2.