dell c6100 with adapter to atx psu

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
hello,
i am looking into buying a dell c6100 motherboard and using it as a workstation but the only threads i have seen about this show people using the older board which is using the 12 pin power connector but im looking into getting the one with the 18 pin power connector and getting this Aliexpress.com : Buy ATX 24Pin + CPU 8Pin to Mini 18Pin Power Supply Cable For Dell C6100 Motherboard Mainboard Server Workstation from Reliable cable hole suppliers on app but im not sure if that will work becaus i have seen one or 2 posts about people using that converter and having it not boot up so im a looking for confirmation if it will work or not
thanks

Reactions: MiniKnight

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
hello,
i am looking into buying a dell c6100 motherboard and using it as a workstation but the only threads i have seen about this show people using the older board which is using the 12 pin power connector but im looking into getting the one with the 18 pin power connector and getting this Aliexpress.com : Buy ATX 24Pin + CPU 8Pin to Mini 18Pin Power Supply Cable For Dell C6100 Motherboard Mainboard Server Workstation from Reliable cable hole suppliers on app but im not sure if that will work becaus i have seen one or 2 posts about people using that converter and having it not boot up so im a looking for confirmation if it will work or not
thanks
That would be great if it worked. I'm nervous about it actually working too. Nice find.

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands

Dk3

Jan 10, 2014
SG
Yup. By using the default cable, its on/off is already close circuit, therefore you can just use the onboard on/off will do.

Which pci riser you mean? The one in the picture is converter of mezzanine slot to pci which no longer can be found. I remember i got it from china supplier and now regret only getting one. (I recall there is post by s0lid regarding the mezzanine slot)

As for the x16 slot riser you can easily pickup from ebay.

Reactions: legopc

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
Yup. By using the default cable, its on/off is already close circuit, therefore you can just use the onboard on/off will do.

Which pci riser you mean? The one in the picture is converter of mezzanine slot to pci which no longer can be found. I remember i got it from china supplier and now regret only getting one. (I recall there is post by s0lid regarding the mezzanine slot)

As for the x16 slot riser you can easily pickup from ebay.
im just looking at the 16x one but it doesnt look like a normal pci-e slot and i can not figure out what that kind of slot is called

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
so yesterday some more memory and my cpu's arrived and now just waiting for the cable but now that i look at it i am not sure if will be able to mount a normal 1366 cooler because this motherboard has a custom back plate so could anyone that has the motherboard tell me what coolers will fit and which wont

Dk3

Jan 10, 2014
SG
could you link me to where you got it because im not going to spend 100-ish euro on a simple riser
Missed your post. My bad. Below is the link. You likely need to have forwarding service for the purchase. The price is rmb 50 + rmb 15 local shipment charges. Est USD 11 and £7. I will purchase 2 to be in safe side since its so cheap rather than DOA return.

From the comments, the feedback is good.

Dell C6100 Pci Riser PCI-E X16
Dell C6100 Pci Riser PCI-E X16 转接卡 显卡转接-淘宝网

Dk3

Jan 10, 2014
SG
Last edited:

Dk3

Jan 10, 2014
SG
For me i use watercooled and custom the spring which are screwed with the 4 point screw together. I never tried on other cooler before. As for the rest of nodes are in chassis using stock cpu cooler

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
For me i use watercooled and custom the spring which are screwed with the 4 point screw together. I never tried on other cooler before. As for the rest of nodes are in chassis using stock cpu cooler
so you used the mounting hardware that came with your cooler or did you use stuff you had laying around the house?
oh and could you maybe help me with buying a riser because i have never dealt with that website and dont even know which button to click to order the item