Dell C6100 Node Memory Problem

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Nemesis 1818

Sep 30, 2017
I am finally getting to play with the C6100 I purchased and one slot seems to have a problem. I have 4 nodes that are all identical, processor, memory etc. Slot one has a problem with not detecting the correct amount of memory on the node. At first I thought it was the node that was the problem. However, If I swap any of the other 3 nodes to slot 1 it does the same thing and does not detect the correct amount of memory for the node. Slots 2, 3 and 4 all detect the correct amount of memory for the node

Example would be 48 gigs of memory installed and only shows/detects 32.

I have searched and searched for info on this problem and have found nothing. I have updated the bios and bcm firmware on all 4 nodes and that didn't change anything.

If anyone has encountered this problem or can point me in the right direction on what component could be causing it, I would greatly appreciate it. I was thinking it could be the interface slot where the node plugs into since it does it with whatever node is in that slot.

Thanks in advance for any info or help.