Dell C6100 - 4 Nodes, Redunant Power, and Heatsinks - $225

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mulder

Feb 9, 2013
Hi Justin,
Just sent you a pm. Do you have the 3.5" model available?

Regards,

Last edited:

mulder

Feb 9, 2013
Hi Scout255,
Nothing showing up. Just checked spam folder. Please resend.

Last edited:

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
Hmm,

Any more available. I may well grab one if I can get it over to me without feeling like I have to pay for a whole boat in shipping charges.

What is the shipping size and weight please. I will get a quote from my wife (she has just started working with DHL over here ;).

RB

JBushOptio

Jan 25, 2013
Hey! Sorry about the inbox. I've deleted some messages, so I should be good now.

The box is 35x24x12 and weighs 60lbs.

JBushOptio

Jan 25, 2013
I have processors, hard drives, and memory. I don't have the LSI controllers or the SAS cables. We don't stock much of the components for Dell cloud servers.

We mainly stock the R-Series 11th and 12th generation Dell servers.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
Noted.

Items and prices please, via PM if you prefer.

I need to cost up for a usable system and see how it compares to other offerings with processors and ram included.

I will check with my local Supermicro distributor tomorrow to find out if the board in these is freely exchangeable for any other boards they do.

Any possibility of swapping out some parts for others (i.e. removing a couple of motherboards and including some cpus possibly with top-up etc).

Thanks
RB

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
RibBlock - regarding the SM motherboard compatibility. I considered this idea and here is what I found:

The older C6100 - the XS23-SB, which used LGA-771 sockets for X54xx series Xeons - was indeed built using off-the-shelf parts from SuperMicro. The motherboard in those chassis was a SM X7DWT. SM does have several other MBs with similar form factors to that one that might fit (though there seem to be some subtle differences in total size that might not permit it to work, and you'd want to really double check the placement of the mount points, etc).

The newer one - the XS23-TY3 - is the one Vista stocks and others here have been discussing. For this model Dell brought their in-house board designers to the table and the design is uniquely Dell. The mount-points, power distribution, connectors to the Fan Control Board (connecting fan speed data to the MBs and temp sensor data back to the FCB) are all completely proprietary. Fitting a SM motherboard would require quite a significant mod - probably not worth the effort.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
RibBlock - regarding the SM motherboard compatibility. I considered this idea and here is what I found:

The older C6100 - the XS23-SB, which used LGA-771 sockets for X54xx series Xeons - was indeed built using off-the-shelf parts from SuperMicro. The motherboard in those chassis was a SM X7DWT. SM does have several other MBs with similar form factors to that one that might fit (though there seem to be some subtle differences in total size that might not permit it to work, and you'd want to really double check the placement of the mount points, etc).

The newer one - the XS23-TY3 - is the one Vista stocks and others here have been discussing. For this model Dell brought their in-house board designers to the table and the design is uniquely Dell. The mount-points, power distribution, connectors to the Fan Control Board (connecting fan speed data to the MBs and temp sensor data back to the FCB) are all completely proprietary. Fitting a SM motherboard would require quite a significant mod - probably not worth the effort.
Very much seems correct. The form factor seems the same, but the connector situation, and potentially mount points turned me off of the idea.

JBushOptio

Jan 25, 2013
We stock close to $2 million in Dell hardware. I couldn't possibly list what we have.

This server takes the Intel 5500/5600 series CPUs. If I don't have it in stock, I can get one. Takes both 8500 and 10600 memory. Since I have both 2.5" and 3.5" chassis options, the drives range from 73GB to 3TB options.

I'm sorry if this doesn't help. If you have a specific configuration you like to see, let me know and I can quote it out.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
We stock close to $2 million in Dell hardware. I couldn't possibly list what we have.

This server takes the Intel 5500/5600 series CPUs. If I don't have it in stock, I can get one. Takes both 8500 and 10600 memory. Since I have both 2.5" and 3.5" chassis options, the drives range from 73GB to 3TB options.

I'm sorry if this doesn't help. If you have a specific configuration you like to see, let me know and I can quote it out.
Sorry, should have been more specific.

I am interested in the parts relevent to the chassis we are discussing here only.

Specifically CPUs (quad or hex core), Ram (4GB or bigger 10600 sticks - possibly looking to make 16GB or 32GB nodes), Mezennine cards, rails.

Probably only interested in the 3.5" drive version at this point.

Pricing for shipping to Singapore (for 1 and if there is a discount for shipping more than one). By sea is fine as I am fairly sure by air will be crazy expensive.

One other question... Are these new, reconditioned or used ?.

Thanks
RB

Last edited:

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore

Very much seems correct. The form factor seems the same, but the connector situation, and potentially mount points turned me off of the idea.
Thanks for the info guys. Shame they didn't stick with the Supermicro boards.

RB

mulder

Feb 9, 2013
<snip>
Do you have a site we can look at listing what you do have?

Regards,