EU Dell 820 4 x Xeon E5-4620 200GB RAM + 8x900GB HDD - £780

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
For those who love to live in the densely packed server territory, this is a pretty good price for a great Proxmox server to run a gazillion things in.
I've always had a soft-spot for 4 cpu dense servers, though they are dearer they make up for it by rewarding you leg-room for quite a long time.

Reactions: Samir

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
I once bought a server off a lady who sold nail polish and a few used handbags. Sometimes people get ahold of things from their workplace when its destined for the scrapheap. I'd argue that's normally the kind of people one can get great deals from because as far as they're concerned any money is better than no money. If I needed one of these myself I'd try haggling on the price to be frank, wouldnt be surprised if someone manages to grab it off of the seller for 500.

Reactions: Samir and NachoCDN

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
Like all things, when in doubt, ask for more photos, even a quick video, if unable to see item before purchase. The listing does come under the ebay money back guarantee so as long as one keeps to PayPal and buys smartly (taking photos at all points from delivery to opening, videos are better) the risk is minimal. It appears this seller is only offering to UK buyers, in which case I'd advise a collection in person, just in case the seller has no clue about packaging hefty servers correctly for shipment.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Personally, I think this listing is fake because poster has a second one too with the same pictures. And looking at the pictures it looks like a collection of server pictures versus a single server. In one shot I even see part of an HP DL380 G5. Just waiting for this to be taken down...

And don't feed the scams as the scammers can still take off with money, even if you get yours back. The only reason these scams exist is because people bite--don't bite and they'll go away.