Dell 6248 w/ 4x 10GbE (dual PD111 + XFPs) $400

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tby

Aug 22, 2013
Snellville, GA
set-inform.com
I've got a Dell 6248 switch that has become surplus to me. 48x 1GbE ports. 4x combo SFP. 2x PD111 modules on the back providing 4x 10GbE XFP ports (XFP SR optics included).

Looking for $400 shipped, CONUS only.

Reactions: T_Minus

tby

Aug 22, 2013
Snellville, GA
set-inform.com
Adding some pictures. I used this for about a minute as the house end of a 10GbE fiber link to my home office / detached garage. Just a tiny bit of overkill for my purposes.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
As an owner of the sister models for these, the Dell switches are not designed to be quiet or kept near an area that needs to be. These are not loud hurricane switches like other models but they do generate some noise. This is a great deal if you got your equipment in a seperate room/basement/lab where the noise is irrelevant. For me they were too loud to be in my network closet and lab and had to be replaced by quieter ones.

Great deal for someone to get a kickass stacking switch.

tby

Aug 22, 2013
Snellville, GA
set-inform.com
Have temporarily brought the switch back into action while I relocate my rack away from my office. It's now the only device on my power meter and is pulling +/- 85w with 1 copper and 1 XFP port active. Sitting on a shelf maybe 18' from my desk in an otherwise quiet space I don't find the noise that bad. Quieter than my Quantas.

I'll have it re-decommissioned by the middle of next week.