Debian zfs-dkms: Bad Scrub?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dealcorn

Oct 12, 2011
When the motherboard died on my normally off, home NAS running OmniOS stable with Napp-it, I swapped in an “incompatible”, consumer motherboard. “Incompatible” means that OmniOS would not boot and would not reinstall even when using a USB2 port with correct BIOS CSM settings. I then installed Debian Stretch (testing) with the zfs-dkms package and was surprised to find that tank was automatically imported. I wrongly expected that I would need to issue the command “zpool import -f tank”.

My Z2 array has 6.4TB of data on mechanical drives and to be safe, I issued a “Zpool scrub tank” command which completed in seconds. Later scrubs were faster. It is not possible to scrub 6.4TB of data on mechanical drives in seconds. The array is populated and the data looks good. If I am correct that scrub is not working, I should fix the problem which might, for example, involve a forced resilver or array destruction followed by recreation with a fresh rsync from backup. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Am I correct there is no user option to force resilver?

root@nas:/tank# zpool status -v
pool: tank
state: ONLINE
scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h0m with 0 errors on Wed Mar 15 22:57:11 2017
config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
tank ONLINE 0 0 0
raidz2-0 ONLINE 0 0 0
sdd ONLINE 0 0 0
sdb ONLINE 0 0 0
sda ONLINE 0 0 0
sdc ONLINE 0 0 0

errors: No known data errors

cperalt1

Feb 23, 2015
Try and see if there are any feature flags from the Omni Pool that are unsupported under ZOL.
zpool get all | grep feature

dealcorn

Oct 12, 2011
I am not sure how to interpret.

root@nas:/tank# zpool get all | grep feature
tank feature@async_destroy enabled local
tank feature@empty_bpobj active local
tank feature@lz4_compress active local
tank feature@spacemap_histogram active local
tank feature@enabled_txg active local
tank feature@hole_birth active local
tank feature@extensible_dataset enabled local