[DEAD] WD reds 4/8TB $90/$200 via shucking - update, 8TB reds now $180, 4TB deal looks dead.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

warlockedyou

Sep 4, 2016
Through enough courage to withstand the urge to buy these, I was able to remove these from my shopping cart. I feel accomplished! :D

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
I got two at local bb, had to ask them to check website for lower price which they did. I'm using hddscan to test them before opening them up. Is that the good enough way to test in windows environment?

Still debating if I want to order 1-2 more for raid z setup.

K D

Dec 24, 2016
Just got off the phone with Best Buy customer service. They price matched the $179 price and gave A credit on all my orders. Best buy will price match after purchase during for the return period.

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
My local BB only had two in stock. Grabbed those and placed a few orders online. I need to stay off this damn forum!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
Was reading over at Reddit that some peeps are getting drives that are made in China. The two I opened today were made in Thailand. There shouldn't be any quality difference but makes me wonder.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
two i got from bb store are made in china, still havent popped open the case yet. has anyone reported non wd red in the 8tb units?

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
Crystal disk info also reporting them as WD80EFZX drives. Once I'm done testing i pop one open to confirm.
If it's reporting them as EFZX they will be Reds. I'm just curious why we're seeing them come from two different locations. I just don't like it when drives are made in two locations on two different lines. But maybe I'll get lucky and the rest I have coming will be from the same location.

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
BTW i did open two i bought at BB local store, the clips broke regardless how careful i was. anyways both drives are the wd80efzx with manufacturer date of jan2017 and made in china :(