DC on Display: What's the most visually stunning storage array chassis you have seen?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Sniper_X

Mar 11, 2021
I am designing a custom infrastructure and it will be on display in a lobby.
I would like to build the storage targets in the most visually spectacular chassis possible.

I do NOT want non-functional lights or anything that is obviously fake, however some small lighting effect is acceptable.

I am also 100% on board with "enhancing" the lighting and indicators of a chassis that "under utilizes" their standard lighting.
I could change LED types and colors, etc. - as long as it doesn't cause confusion. I wouldn't put in red LEDs where red is reserved for errors just because red "looks cool" etc.

Which storage chassis, disk shelf or array chassis have you seen that would be the most visually engaging and attractive in this "blinged out" Data Center?

Last edited:
Reactions: NablaSquaredG

StevenDTX

Aug 17, 2016
I don't get this. Why would you put some of your most expensive equipment right out front for everyone to see. Do people think datacenters (blinkin lights) are "impressive" or something?

nasi

Feb 25, 2020
I think Backblaze has published construction plans for their own storage pods. You could use these plans and build your own enhanced fancy version.