DataOn DNS-2760 - Rebranded HGST 4U60G2 - $323 on ebay

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hatchi

Nov 8, 2014
I wouldn't use the one from amazon, it is only rated to 110lbs and was just an example of the type of shelf. I would look for one rated for more weight. This one might work and is rated for 350lbs

Mine does not not slide out, i just leave 5U-6U empty above the enclosure for access to the drives

hope this helps
I see ,
I found one that is sliding an rated for the weight but it is too expensive at 359$ they make the deal not as good

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I wouldn't use the one from amazon, it is only rated to 110lbs and was just an example of the type of shelf. I would look for one rated for more weight. This one might work and is rated for 350lbs

Mine does not not slide out, i just leave 5U-6U empty above the enclosure for access to the drives

hope this helps
If you have that much space to waste in your rack you're not a server junkie.

fake-name

Feb 28, 2017
If you have that much space to waste in your rack you're not a server junkie.
There's this little thing called money?

I don't have enough of it to fill up 42U with stuff I want to pay to keep on all the time.

yobigd20

Jul 8, 2016
I got an ebay offer discount from the seller, prob bc i kept checking the listing. I accepted the offer but it wont let me complete the purchase because of the lack of shipping info given by the seller. I have sent the seller 3 messages but they are completely unresponsive. Ebay keeps sending me messages to complete the sale but the sale cant be completed. Dunno why ebay even let me accept the offer if you cant buy it.

yobigd20

Jul 8, 2016
shipping kills it. The item price was $291.58 , so I bought it, and then the seller changed the shipping price to add $343.20 plus tax bringing the total to $685.56. This seems like a bait and switch scam, as I'm not paying that absurd amount shipping. I checked their website before I purchased too and shipping on their website said $100. There is no way I am paying $343 just for shipping alone, thats more than the item even costs.

Reactions: Fritz

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Realistically that amount of shipping costs is not unreasonable for a box that heavy, eg over to Europe.
Of course it should be clearly communicated, but since they apparently did not plan on shipping outside the US I don't think that's really an intentional attempt to rip you off..

yobigd20

Jul 8, 2016
Realistically that amount of shipping costs is not unreasonable for a box that heavy, eg over to Europe.
Of course it should be clearly communicated, but since they apparently did not plan on shipping outside the US I don't think that's really an intentional attempt to rip you off..
Its missouri to ny. I have shipped far larger and heavier items back and forth from cali for cheaper than that. These shipping costs are a bait and switch profit scam.