Datacenter Infrastructure Engineer (broadcast industry, northern NJ/NYC metro area)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Viper GTS

Feb 7, 2020
I'm the hiring manager for a mid-senior datacenter infrastructure role. I'm having a remarkably hard time finding anyone with this kind of experience so I figured if I sometimes spend time here maybe people like me do too.

I manage the datacenter infrastructure of a large scale broadcast environment in northern NJ. This is not a remote role, though we are currently WFH in large part due to Omicron but starting to trend back towards in office. I am responsible for all of the IT infrastructure things that make this place run including:

Both on-site and co-located datacenter
VMware vSphere cluster
Cisco UCS compute
Tegile/Tintri flash SAN
Cisco Nexus and ACI switching environments
Cisco MDS fibre-channel fabrics
Multi-petabyte on-line edit environment (Quantum Stornext)
100+ petabyte archive environment
100+ edit seats running Adobe products
Windows/Linux servers both virtual and physical
Nationwide MPLS network for video distribution

What I don't do is end user stuff like email, workstations, etc. This is an infrastructure position we have other teams that do the higher level functions. We just provide the platform.

This is a permanent, full time position with full benefits. Please note that COVID vaccination is required, and boosters will be soon. Some domestic travel will likely be required (typically 1-2x per year).

If you have experience with this kind of stuff I'd love to talk to you.