D-LINK DGS-1510 PoE Issues

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Tom G

Nov 19, 2019
Has anyone else had an issue with a D-Link DGS-1510 PoE switch where the PoE stops working for no obvious reason but the switch is otherwise fine? A full factory reset doesn't cure the issue.

I have a unit that D-Link won't RMA because I have no proof of purchase, so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and worked out how to fix it without RMAing, either in software/firmware or with a hardware mod?

I've got as far as opening the unit up and verifying that there seems to still be power going to both points on the board that need it - I think one is the main switch hardware (~12V) and the other is the PoE bit (~40V). I can't see anything obviously wrong with it but I'm not a hardware guy.

If no-one has any suggestions I'll just eBay it as is because I've already replaced it with a Brocade PoE switch.

Cheers.

hoping

Dec 5, 2019
There could be some issues maybe. I would phone contact D-Link support and ask for help and information about this. If this is a HW issue, RMA may be needed. Let us know if you find out anything.

Tom G

Nov 19, 2019
D-Link support weren't able to offer any useful advice unfortunately, and as I haven't got an invoice they won't RMA it. I've had the top off and the voltage from the PSU to the PoE part of the system board is only 40V, so I'm wondering if it's simply a PSU issue as 802.3af/at PoE is supposed to be at least 48V at the switch. This weekend I'm going to try hooking that part of the board up to a bench power supply and slowly cranking the voltage up to 48V to see if it gets the PoE working again. Cheap PoE tester on hand in case it frys things!