CyberPower PDU15M10AT Automatic Transfer Switching PDU Review

• Thread starter Patrick Kennedy
  • Start date
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

svtkobra7

Jan 2, 2017
@Patrick I liked your review. You noted disappointment regarding management functionality (or lack thereof and to paraphrase).

Regarding "management" (generally) ... I feel like CyberPower is missing the boat.

To that point (and not related to the product reviewed), their PowerPanel Business Software is not compatible with ESXi 6.7 yet they proclaim to be "vmware ready" and "Supported OS: VMware ESX/ESXi 4 and above".

As of today, 260 days after release of 6.7, that still hasn't been remedied. In my opinion either devote the internal resources required for the rewrite and/or engage external resources or don't advertise yourself as "vmware ready." I've been in contact with their tech support regarding the issue and I'm not willing to accept any reason offered for this.

[ I'd be willing to wager that anyone managing a legit VMware vCenter environment wouldn't look to this software for UPS management; however, back in April 2018 (and pre-6.7 still running "free ESXi"), it was a nice solution. Today, running VMware vCenter with 2 hosts and (hopefully a full rack in the future ;)), my UPS needs will of course increase significantly, and I won't be considering CyberPower for an upgrade. ]

[/endofrant]