Custom STH-Themed Parts

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TuxDude

Sep 17, 2011
The wood filament ends up looking like this after printing:

He still needs a bit of cleaning up - all that white is from removing the support material that was holding up his chin.

Ajgoyt

Apr 20, 2016
wow amazing! , There's a website that i believe you send them a picture of yourself and they'll print a mini you ... I need to find that site again...

ttabbal

Mar 10, 2016
Wood filament is cool. I need to get some of that and some metals.

No ninjaflex pi case? Make it kind of like a cell phone case, stretch to put it on... :D It would be interesting if nothing else. Too bad flex is too pricey to use for messing around.

TuxDude

Sep 17, 2011
Ninjaflex is on the rather expensive side - but I've started ordering my filaments from filaments.ca getting their house-brand stuff and it seems to be pretty good quality so far. And their TPU (same stuff Ninjaflex is made from) is only about $20 / KG more than regular PLA (they also resell Ninjaflex, at a cost about $100 / KG more than regular PLA). Makes playing around with flex far more economical - I suspect a spool of TPU will probably be in my next order.

I want to play with the metals and glow-in-the-dark too, but need to order a hardened steel nozzle first.

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
The wood filament ends up looking like this after printing:

He still needs a bit of cleaning up - all that white is from removing the support material that was holding up his chin.
Heatgun should fix white marks.

ttabbal

Mar 10, 2016
Nice. I'll check them out, thanks. I have good luck with Makergeeks for ABS/PETG. I haven't tried their other stuff. I made some glow-in-the-dark ABS a while back, it worked pretty well. I didn't print much, so I didn't worry about the nozzle. I plan to get some hardened nozzles next time I order printer parts.