Current Gen Norco backplanes.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
Hi,

Anyone know what the part number of the current Norco RPC-4120 (or 4220) backplanes is.
IPC-Direct list 3 and I really do not want to end up with the crap quality ones that all failed on me.

Ideally I would like the SFF-8087 backplanes for the RPC-4120 (presumably the 4220 are the same).

4020 4116 3116 2008 SAS or SATA Hard drive Enclosure Backplane (???)
4220 RPC-4220 SAS or SATA to MINI-SAS storage enclosure backplane (SAS400PM V15)
4224 RPC-4224 SAS or SATA to MINI-SAS storage enclosure backplane (SAW400PM V31)
4224 RPC-4224 SAS or SATA to MINI-SAS storage enclosure backplane (BP-001)

Note: the description lists the backplanes as being compatible with multiple chassis although none list the RPC-4120. The RPC-4120 came with SATA host controller connectors on the backplane but hopefully the 4220 SFF-8087 backplanes are compatible.

Thanks
RB

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
email allen@norcotek.com (Pacific Standard Time) he will get you the answer you need.
Emailed Allen with the models asking for which one would be most appropriate and got an email from Mike telling me to go direct to the SEA distributor who are the people trying to charge me more than a new chassis costs new for replacement backplanes (this was pointed out in the original email).

It appears that Norco US are not willing to deal with people buying Norco products in Asia, not even to answer a simple question. Very dissapointing response from them.

Anyone in the US willing to ask on my behalf ?.

Cheers
RB

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Emailed Allen with the models asking for which one would be most appropriate and got an email from Mike telling me to go direct to the SEA distributor who are the people trying to charge me more than a new chassis costs new for replacement backplanes (this was pointed out in the original email).

It appears that Norco US are not willing to deal with people buying Norco products in Asia, not even to answer a simple question. Very dissapointing response from them.

Anyone in the US willing to ask on my behalf ?.

Cheers
RB
I understand that you would find this disappointing, but NorcoTek only has a distribution license to sell and support these products in North America. If they sell products outside of their licensed territory then they risk losing their distribution contract completely. No sane business would risk a multi-$million distribution contract over a sub $1000 support sale.

Redirecting you to the distributor with license to sell in your area (Asia) was completely appropriate. You shouldn't really blame NorcoTek for the fact that SEA sells at usurious prices.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
I understand that you would find this disappointing, but NorcoTek only has a distribution license to sell and support these products in North America. If they sell products outside of their licensed territory then they risk losing their distribution contract completely. No sane business would risk a multi-$million distribution contract over a sub $1000 support sale.

Redirecting you to the distributor with license to sell in your area (Asia) was completely appropriate. You shouldn't really blame NorcoTek for the fact that SEA sells at usurious prices.
Sure I understand they may be unable to sell direct to me but to refuse to even let me know the part numbers seems a bit extreme, especially when it has been explained that the local Distributor is of no help at all.

You are right though, I should be complaining to Norco Group.

Another interesting point is that Norco SAE are also not listed on the Norco Goup website as a distributor :confused:.