Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 ECC UDIMM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Weapon

Oct 19, 2013
I came across this product page for a DDR4-2400 UDIMM with ECC. I have been looking for DDR4 UDIMM ECC modules for a C236 motherboard, but all I've seen thus far are 2133MHz speed. Motherboard spec sheets only list support for up to 2133MHz memory. It's actually listed as a EUDIMM but I believe this is just a Crucial term for UDIMM with ECC.
Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 EUDIMM, CT16G4WFD824A from Crucial.com

It appears identical to the 2133MHz varient except for speed
Crucial 16GB DDR4-2133 EUDIMM, CT16G4WFD8213 from Crucial.com

Any idea if these would be supported in a C236 chipset motherboard with E3-1200v5 CPU?

Remy

Dec 17, 2015
Did you end up pulling the trigger. I am running into the same issue. Supermicro MB and looking for Ram. Let me know if this worked out or not.

captain_fail

Dec 8, 2015
I'd stick to the rated speed of 2133, but I'm awfully conservative when it comes to memory. I don't have much experience with SM boards but have heard they don't take kindly to certain sticks (Kingston, I'm looking at you).

I'm having a difficult time sourcing DDR4 ECC UDIMMs for my newly acquired SM X11SSH-F. The QVL lists only two modules: a Hynix and a Samsung which are impossible to find at the moment. With Crucial (Micron)'s excellent track record I'm willing to get their CT16G4WFD8213, which is the 2133 version of the model you found. Crucial's online store wouldn't let me order (twice failed address verification for some bizarre reason) and I found only one reseller (AVA Direct) who had them in stock. However, upon placing the order, they wrote me to say they would have to special order it. 3 days later it still hasn't shipped.

I got the motherboard from Wiredzone, it was drop shipped directly from the SM factory. They have the SM branded Hynix memory in their catalog at a good price (link here), but it's currently out of stock.

Are we just too early to jump on the E3V5/C236 bandwagon? Why is it so hard to find Unbuffered DDR4 ECC a full 2 months after launch?

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
2400 is for broadwell.... just fyi... broadwell is late, memory isn't...

captain_fail

Dec 8, 2015
Thanks for the recommendations. I have good experience with Wiredzone. They are waiting on a shipment of SM branded Hynix memory (MEM-DR416L-HL01-EU21) due next week. I couldn't wait so I found that Superbiiz has the Samsung DDR4 UDIMMs in stock and placed an order with them. The Samsung is the only other memory on SM's QVL for the X11SSH-F (and other boards in that series).

Crucial's DDR4 2133, kits based on CT16G4WFD8213, are compatible according to the crucial website, but I wasn't able to find them in stock anywhere and crucial's website refused to take my credit card.

In any case, hopefully Superbiiz will come through with the Samsung sticks. If not, I will try Wiredzone again next week.

captain_fail

Dec 8, 2015
If it's on the QVL, that's good enough for me :)

I think either Hynix or Samsung would be fine. I'd also think Crucial would be a safe bet since Micron memory typically has a good history with SM.