CRS354-48P-4S+2Q+RM Fan Mod?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I'm wondering if anyone has done a fan mod on this switch. From the STH video review it appears this switch is quite loud and I work about 10 feet away from where this switch would be located if I was to purchase it. However, I only need POE on about 4-6 ports (for now, in the future if I move that could change and I'd probably swap the fans back at that point) so I'm thinking I could probably get away with fans that move less air.

Does anyone have hands on experience doing a fan mod on these with something like Noctua 40x20mm fans and what were your results?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I would be a bit nervous doing this personally, but I have thought about it.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
So i actually wound up purchasing the non-POE version of this switch as it seemed like overkill to buy the POE version when at present I'd only be using 4 ports for POE. However, even the non POE version is not quite as quiet as I'd have hoped. It's certainly not a screamer but I may look to fan mod it. I have some fans that I had previously used in a Cisco SG350XG-24F fan mod in the past that I could try.