CRS309-1G-8S+PC - release date?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jannis Jacobsen

Mar 19, 2016
Norway
Does anyone know when Mikrotik will release the 8-port sfp+ switch for sale.
Been waiting for the CRS309-1G-8S+PC for 5 months so far :)

-j

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I have never owned (although have used) a Mikrotik router/switch and half a year ago this looked really cool and thought I would but it... and then wait... wait... wait...

Wonder if it will ever be released or it was just for some media attention.

ViciousXUSMC

Nov 27, 2016
I read about issues on the 10gb -> 1gb performance of the switches.
Some kind of buffer problem causing less than 1gb speeds.

So kind of has me on edge between saving some money with Microtik or spending a bit more for say a Ubiquiti switch.

Also as far as I know the RJ45 is strictly for management, and that kind of sucks, forces purchase of a SFP+ adapter and waist a port.

Magebarf

Aug 15, 2018
Sweden
The RJ45 can be used like a normal interface.
There were some recent discussions about the CRS models in general, when going down in speeds. Quite a bit of issues when using 1Gbit/s SFP modules in the SFP+ cages, which in some cases seemed to end up with the Mikortik SFP modules being the main issue.

As for the RJ45/1GbE on at least the CRS317, there was a discussion related to using it to connect a 100Mbit/s device, indicating data loss was to be expected: CRS317-1G-16S+RM packet loss ether1 - MikroTik

Unknown when/how the software fix they are discussing is planned for, or if the CRS309 has improvements in the hardware design, but it could be a limitation good to know about until it is resolved.