CRS226-24G-2S+IN vs CRS210-8G-2S+IN

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tullnd

Apr 19, 2016
USA
Ok, so I'm finally wrapping up my in home wiring. I've decided on a CRS226-24g-2s+RM for my basement switch. I'm connecting via fiber upstairs to another switch. My preference was to grab a CRS210-8G-2s+IN and connect over SFP+ via OM3 for a 10Gb link.

The upstairs unit will be in a closet, mounted on a wall and there are only 9 total drops, but some are redundant, so I was ok with 8 ethernet jacks.

I'm finding the CRS210 for about $200 on Amazon and the CRS226 desktop version is only $235. For $35 more, I get an extra 16 ports....which I don't really need now, but maybe in the future?

Outside of a small amount of power savings(these will be unused ethernet ports mostly), is there a reason to choose the CRS210 over the CRS226? It seems like I should buy the bigger switch for that price difference.

bds1904

Aug 30, 2013
The only difference between the two is the port count, everything else is practically identical. The only reason to go with the smaller one would be if you couldn't physically fit the larger one where you are putting the switch. Power usage difference would be about 5w or so.

Reactions: T_Minus