CRS210-8G-2S+IN POE in options?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tullnd

Apr 19, 2016
USA
I'm looking at this unit and have some questions about powering it via POE. I see it come up in some searches, so I'm assuming a number of people here have experience with it.

If I wanted to power it via an injector, would that be just a standard 24volt?

The plan is to provide power by connecting an injector in between the wall plate and the destination device(directed back towards the switch of course), so I can use an outlet in one of the bedrooms I'm putting a drop in.

Also, I assume I can use all 8 GigE ports as well as both SFP cages?

I will be linking it via fiber OM3 1Gb to my HP 2810-24g in the basement to provide access to the 2nd floor. I have a Cisco SG300-10 that I had planned on using, but going with the Mikrotik means I can plug in an injector in one of the bedrooms I'm wiring up to power this switch, instead of adding electric to the closet it'll be installed in. I have another spot I can use the Cisco in anyways. Plus I'll have a 10Gb uplink and an extra SFP+ port available for expansion.