Crossflash IBM Connect X3 to Mellanox Firmware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

chrisk2305

Jan 25, 2017
Hi,

I recently bought two single port 40GB Connect X3 Nics that have IBM Firmware on it. Can somebody help me to identify what stock firmware I can flash on those cards. I don't even know if they are FCBT or QCBT.

Here is the Info:

Code:
Device #1:
----------

Device Type:      ConnectX3
  Part Number:      00W0038_Ax
  Description:      Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI Single-port QSFP FDR14/40GbE HCA
  PSID:             IBM1100110019
  PCI Device Name:  mt4099_pci_cr0
  Port1 MAC:        0002c9173750
  Port2 MAC:        0002c9173751
  Versions:         Current        Available
     FW             2.36.5000      N/A

Thanks in advance!
Regards
Chris

chrisk2305

Jan 25, 2017
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately flint isnt working at all (always get command not found) and with mlxfwmanager even if I specify the firmware file it says "No matching image found".

Could you please advise?

Thanks a bunch!
Chris

Edit: Turned out that flint worked after installing the latest drivers. Card is now crossflashed and it is looking good. Thank you again!

Last edited:

OverPowderedRockets

Jun 29, 2021
Edit: Turned out that flint worked after installing the latest drivers. Card is now crossflashed and it is looking good. Thank you again!
Hey Chris, I have the same card you have and was wondering, how did you get past the PSID conflict when burning the imagine? Also are you using these cards under Ethernet or Infiniband?

Edit: I figured out how to bypass the PSID issue, just adding -allow_psid_change just after the fw image name and it worked.
I am still unable to get any data through it, Im trying to use Ethernet mode, any chance you got a working setup on Ethernet?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited: