Crestron CCS-UC-CODEC-200

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PGlover

Nov 8, 2014
How are you getting the Crestron TS1051 touch screen to work with this unit? I have the touchscreen plugged into the touchscreen input on the back of the unit and booted the unit and no display.

What I'm doing wrong?

Smedwardd

Jul 23, 2020
How are you getting the Crestron TS1051 touch screen to work with this unit? I have the touchscreen plugged into the touchscreen input on the back of the unit and booted the unit and no display.

What I'm doing wrong?
Make sure you are using a cat5 cable.

PGlover

Nov 8, 2014
Can someone provide more detail on what to do with these units? I have 5 of these units that I purchased off of Ebay at a cheap price.

scabskunk

Mar 8, 2022
So i have been messing with this for a while now with no luck. I dont have the touchscreen yet and i think thats holding me back. but if i could just get some help getting into safemode i think i can figure some more stuff out. Currently digging through the registry and editing things to see what crashes it and what does not. Was able to remove the spashscreen with this

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\crestsoft\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
removed
UtsUserMessage
C:\crestron\bin\UtsUserMessage.exe
UtsSplashScreen
c:\crestron\bin\UtsSplashScreen.exe

Was also able to change the login to administrator but with no change.
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\crestsoft\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

DefaultUsername changed from lyncroom to Administrator
shell changed from eshell.exe to C:\Windows\explorer.exe
ShellOrg changed from eshell.exe C:\Windows\explorer.exe
--------after booting they were auto changed back to eshell.exe

And have been digging through the .bat files to see what they are up to but if you change most of them it either does not boot at all or just goes to a blackscreen.

G:\Crestron\bin\RunLMR.bat to G:\Crestron\bin\RunLMRo.bat
boots still no keyboard or change.

Also was able to rename alot of the folders on the 4 partitions but again most would cause no boot or blackscreen. Some would reappear after renaming

Also tried using easybcd to edit the bcd on the drive and force it to safemode. Resulted in no boot.

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
So i have been messing with this for a while now with no luck. I dont have the touchscreen yet and i think thats holding me back. but if i could just get some help getting into safemode i think i can figure some more stuff out. Currently digging through the registry and editing things to see what crashes it and what does not. Was able to remove the spashscreen with this

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\crestsoft\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
removed
UtsUserMessage
C:\crestron\bin\UtsUserMessage.exe
UtsSplashScreen
c:\crestron\bin\UtsSplashScreen.exe

Was also able to change the login to administrator but with no change.
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\crestsoft\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

DefaultUsername changed from lyncroom to Administrator
shell changed from eshell.exe to C:\Windows\explorer.exe
ShellOrg changed from eshell.exe C:\Windows\explorer.exe
--------after booting they were auto changed back to eshell.exe

And have been digging through the .bat files to see what they are up to but if you change most of them it either does not boot at all or just goes to a blackscreen.

G:\Crestron\bin\RunLMR.bat to G:\Crestron\bin\RunLMRo.bat
boots still no keyboard or change.

Also was able to rename alot of the folders on the 4 partitions but again most would cause no boot or blackscreen. Some would reappear after renaming

Also tried using easybcd to edit the bcd on the drive and force it to safemode. Resulted in no boot.
I wouldn't waste much time with the default limited embedded windows install, just wipe it clean with a fresh install of W7 or W10 (or any nix flavor etc). to see the bios etc (primary video output) you'll need something connected to the touchscreen port. it's just hdbase-t so if you don't wanna buy the touchscreen itself, any hdbase-t reciever will work to convert it to standard hdmi, eg Receiver for Blackbird 4K Pro HDBaseT Extender Kit, IR, 70m w/ PoC, RS232 21609 | eBay (you'll need a 12v wall wart to power it)

there's probably a jumper somewhere on the FPGA board that handles all the video muxing to change the primary to one of the HDMI ports on the box, but I haven't had time to go back to this particular project to look

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
Can someone provide more detail on what to do with these units? I have 5 of these units that I purchased off of Ebay at a cheap price.
what do you mean? they're just standard PCs, just boot an installer for your favorite OS and install it like you would on any other pc. you have a nice single cable touchscreen so you could throw your favorite streaming apps etc on it

PGlover

Nov 8, 2014
what do you mean? they're just standard PCs, just boot an installer for your favorite OS and install it like you would on any other pc. you have a nice single cable touchscreen so you could throw your favorite streaming apps etc on it
Thanks. What are people using these units for after installing Linux or Windows OS on these units.

Bbolt

Dec 19, 2021
Low wattage Proxmox nodes. I wanted to update my home "lab" to a Cluster and these are working well. I removed the audio input board and replaced it with perforated scrap that mounts 1 or 2 sata drives. To reduce waste energy I unplug the power from the video interface board after I have them set up. I bought some fan splitter cables to power the fans from the motherboard instead of the video board. No heat problems even with a 3.5" spinner and they are quiet, especially for a 1U box.

PGlover

Nov 8, 2014
Low wattage Proxmox nodes. I wanted to update my home "lab" to a Cluster and these are working well. I removed the audio input board and replaced it with perforated scrap that mounts 1 or 2 sata drives. To reduce waste energy I unplug the power from the video interface board after I have them set up. I bought some fan splitter cables to power the fans from the motherboard instead of the video board. No heat problems even with a 3.5" spinner and they are quiet, especially for a 1U box.
Thank you. Care to share some photos.

abq

May 23, 2015
Yup, I have the same disease! I almost bought a few myself;). ...Buy something with vague & time consuming potential, but no clear path forward or critical application. Lucky for both of us that this forum is full of really smart folks, with lots of ideas, and special skills to address the challenging parts (e.g. Fohdeesha is one of our forum's most gifted hacking geniuses, so I assume a lot of folks pressuring him, which he deftly balances with rest of his life & hobbies;). ...My major skill is draining the bank account & supporting second hand equipment economy - along with pursuing a few too many never finished projects. Great site (STH) & hobby here!

• Haha
Reactions: itronin

abq

May 23, 2015
Yup, I have the same disease! I almost bought a few myself;). ...Buy something with vague & time consuming potential, but no clear path forward or critical application. Lucky for both of us that this forum is full of really smart folks, with lots of ideas, and special skills to address the challenging parts (e.g. Fohdeesha is one of our forum's most gifted hacking geniuses, so I assume a lot of folks pressuring him, which he deftly balances with rest of his life & hobbies;). ...My major skill is draining the bank account & supporting second hand equipment economy - along with pursuing a few too many never finished projects. Great site (STH) & hobby here!
Ok, I am compelled to purchase one too now! ...See what this forum does to us? I don't want to miss out on the potential fun & community learning opportunity. Is there an AA for tech surplus addicts?!?

PPC750

Mar 14, 2022
Just a quick question is there any way to get the units to default to using either of the HDMI's out ports? I noticed when I booted an Ubuntu image (wiped the internal SSD and dd'ed a liveCD) it defaulted to using the HDMI 1 port for video output. However I borrowed a Monoprice HDBase-T Exender, so I could install Windows, but I was only able to get video out on the HDBase-T extender.

Granted I didn't let Windows install drivers so perhaps that's why that happened, maybe I should correct that first. I was just wondering if there are any settings in the BIOS I needed to edit to get it to use the HDMI Video Out.

Smedwardd

Jul 23, 2020
I believe you can set the BIOS to use on board video, rather than the PCIE board attached

Edit: I'm wrong

Last edited:

PPC750

Mar 14, 2022
I'll look through the BIOS and see if I can find that option. As for Windows once I coaxed it into updating and getting the drivers, the onboard video worked just fine. I dunno how it slipped my mind to do that, I only remembered when I sat down to ask the question!

PGlover

Nov 8, 2014
I'll look through the BIOS and see if I can find that option. As for Windows once I coaxed it into updating and getting the drivers, the onboard video worked just fine. I dunno how it slipped my mind to do that, I only remembered when I sat down to ask the question!
Let us know what you find out.

PPC750

Mar 14, 2022
Let us know what you find out.
I've got to fiddle with it a bit more, but once I installed the drivers for the Intel HD 4000 in Windows, it didn't seem to matter which setting I enabled (IGPU or PGS I think) the video output was working on both ports once the bios was completed. No luck on getting the BIOS on either (wasn't really expecting it) but my issue was just driver related. I installed Debian 11 without a DE, and with the IGPU set as the default I got Console Output on HDMI 1 without issues.