Crawlspace dollies

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
I've been meaning to clean up my server "room" in the crawlspace under the stairs. Finally ordered a pair of nice dollies and put them to use. The left server is my VM server and the right is the fileserver, both connected via 10GbE. Under the wall-mounted monitor is my little Liva that acts as my ssh host. Keeps people happy and I have access all around.

Dollies @ Amazon

2015-10-17 12.15.12 (Medium).jpg

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
I think you need to pose a Lego man there or something of similar size.

Reactions: RTM

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
One of the advantages of this is that the servers are off the ground in case of water problems (sump pump) or anything else. This should work fine on carpet, the casters are excellent. Makes it easy to work around the back side for cable plug/unplug, etc. Next step is to bolt onto the back wall a 2U cable management thing so that I can pull the cables through and some J-hooks for the power cables.

nice crawlspace.
mine does not have concrete floor :(

Reactions: canta

canta

Nov 26, 2014
One of the advantages of this is that the servers are off the ground in case of water problems (sump pump) or anything else. This should work fine on carpet, the casters are excellent. Makes it easy to work around the back side for cable plug/unplug, etc. Next step is to bolt onto the back wall a 2U cable management thing so that I can pull the cables through and some J-hooks for the power cables.
well plan!

just my experience:
do not get rubber caster due on cracking in long term (years).
I see many rubber crack and splitting when we move "work" stuffs to our new building.