CPU Vcore question

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I have an old Supermicro server running a X8DTU-F MB and 2 E5640's. According to SD5 CPU2 Vcore is .8v and is flagged red. CPU1 Vcore is .94v and is flagged green. The system is rock solid stable, no issues or glitches at all. Should I be concerned?

TIA

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Seems to be the same no matter the load. Every time I run SD5 it's .8v and red. Right now it's in the middle of a 2TB file transfer from another server and it's .8v.

68k-dude

Jan 2, 2020
Hello Fritz,

A file transfer is probably not enough work to wake the cpu from the low power states. Can you run some form of CPU workload? As you are running Windows you could use something simple like CPUz and its benchmark utility. That should get it into its high power state. You could use CPUID HWMonitor to log the sensor readings too as it will give MAX and MIN . Then you can compare them to the readings from SD5.

Good luck

Reactions: Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Hello Fritz,

A file transfer is probably not enough work to wake the cpu from the low power states. Can you run some form of CPU workload? As you are running Windows you could use something simple like CPUz and its benchmark utility. That should get it into its high power state. You could use CPUID HWMonitor to log the sensor readings too as it will give MAX and MIN . Then you can compare them to the readings from SD5.

Good luck

Thanks. Given it's age I'm considering doing a MB / CPU / Memory transplant. It's in a SM SC826 chassis.