CPU heatsink recommendation for E5 v4 on X10SRL-F?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Gio

Apr 8, 2017
I am looking for a heatsink recommendation for a Xeon E5 v4 on a supermicro X10SRL-F motherboard.

Preferably not a T4 cooler (6 inches in height is too tall) and I was thinking of getting this Intel official heatsink but the review said it does not match? not for LGA 2011-3

"does not fit the supermicro motherboard for LGA 2011-3 (Xeon E5-2600) as a rectangular, not a square cooler is needed"

Are there two types LGA 2011-3 heatsinks mounts? (rectangular and another one square)? this is a bit confusing

Gio

Apr 8, 2017
Is this in a chassis with airshroud?
I would be re-using my Lenovo TS440 chassis which does not have an airshroud, the TS440 motherboard has a simple round heatsink - the server stays in my living room so hoping that I can come close to the quietness that I currently have on the Xeon E3 v3 with the new build I am doing

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Not to be off topic too much but are the OEM (HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc) narrow heatsink the same as supermicro etc ? Or just screen them on an go ?

I know you see the OEM ones around now and then that's all.

Gio

Apr 8, 2017
After much research I ended up buying a Supermicro SNK-P0050AP4 which comes with both Narrow ILM and square mounts. Also out of the supermicro ones is the one that is the quietest