CPU AMD 7F32 can not Run alone (Main H12DSU-iN)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NperServer

Jul 11, 2022
I have a strange case as follows. I have 6 AMD 7F32 CPUs with serial numbers for example 1,2,3,4,5,6. I use this CPU with main H12DSU-iN.

When I installed the CPU with Serial 1, the bios could not be entered.

I tried in turn, only CPU with serial number 2 and 4 can run alone, can be entered to the bios. Then I take the CPU 1,3,5,6 run together with CPU 2 and 4, they can all enter the bios, but if they run alone ==> CPU 1,3,5,6 can not be entered to the bios. So the CPU 1, 3, 5, 6 damaged? But I wonder that when running with 2 and 4, cpu 1,3,5,6 all run OK.

Can someone help me ?

Thank you so much.

A-W-A

May 14, 2022
==> It mean I access to OS and use software to test CPU 2 ? (1,3,5,6)
Is that what you mean?
No - I mean do you have a motherboard with only a single processor slot - so you can test each CPU individually and see if they individually POST - rules out any complications from 2 CPUs and their memory support.

Andrew

NperServer

Jul 11, 2022
No - I mean do you have a motherboard with only a single processor slot - so you can test each CPU individually and see if they individually POST - rules out any complications from 2 CPUs and their memory support.

Andrew
Hi, I dont have motherboard with only a single processor slot. When I install CPU 1,3,5,6 in slot1 ==> It's not OK. But combine with CPU 2 and 4 in slot 2 ==> It's OK.

It's hard to understand

Thank you bro.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
looks to me the NOT working CPUs can not contact the BMC/BIOS chip to start.
the second CPU2 does not not need contact to BMC/BIOS.
clean the gold contacts of the not working ones. maybe they are issues with tolerances in CPU placement.
if not work: time to ask supermicro & AMD

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
just a guess/a theory.
if the non working ones are Dell locked, will they be work as second CPU ?