Corral won't update and I can't save my config

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I get "Error connecting to update server" and when I click the save config button, nothing happens.

Just about ready to roll back to 9 (which isn't an option so I'll have to do a fresh install).

Thought I'd ask here before proceeding in hopes that some might have an answer to the above problems.

Wish I had waited 6 months or so before jumping in. :(

poutnik

Apr 3, 2013
I also can't save config (using Firefox in Ubuntu) in Corral-10.0.2. But seems I can update (it's downloading at the moment)...

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
You usually can change to a previous version on the boot menu. I used the second to last version before the upgrade since -1 was not working but that might be specific to me

poutnik

Apr 3, 2013
Upgrade to 10.0.3 went well in my case, the config export could be performed - but I have not checked whether it stored all the data correctly.

On a different FreeNAS box where I had been running 9.10 for several weeks, the update to Corral went very wrong (lost users and groups, lost shares, lost iSCSI exports). I went back to 9.10 by logging in to console, manually activating the last 9.10 boot environment for next reboot, and did the reboot.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I used the boot menu to go back to 9. Is it going to stay this way or will it revert back to Corral on the next reboot?

I went into updates and changed the train to 9.10 so I'm thinking it will stay there. It's currently doing a scrub of the pool prolly triggered by all the trauma.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Had to nuke the boot drive and start all over. Didn't have a saved config so I had to import the volume. Thankfully all is well again. Decided to rename it to FreeNASTY. It'll be a while before I jump on the Corral bandwagon again. And next time it will be on a test setup first.

Reactions: poutnik