Corning CCH-04U LANscape 288-Fiber Distribution Box

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

klui

Feb 3, 2019
@Patrick why was the 144 bundle cut off? Was that a "demo" unit?

Some YT videos that show how to route fiber housing guides are quite interesting. The recommended pathways take into consideration which side a cable is going into the housing and where they terminate.

Reactions: Patrick

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@klui it was a DC pull. I figured it would be easier to show than ours while we are waiting for all the fiber to get installed.

Reactions: klui

klui

Feb 3, 2019
That makes sense. Was there a reason you went with the Corning's CCH instead of their EDGE[8] line?

I read in the YT comments about how the tight space can be a pain for CCHes but you can always get a fiber connector insertion/removal tool. fiber connector removal tool - Google Search

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
That makes sense. Was there a reason you went with the Corning's CCH instead of their EDGE[8] line?

I read in the YT comments about how the tight space can be a pain for CCHes but you can always get a fiber connector insertion/removal tool. fiber connector removal tool - Google Search
Mostly I am cheap and the CCH was cheaper.

The tight space is mostly a challenge with the 24x CCH modules. We have three of those tools. Maybe will have a roundup in the future.

• Haha
Reactions: klui

klui

Feb 3, 2019
> Mostly I am cheap

I don't think so. Maybe you see a good deal and go for that. A good roundup of the tools as well as optical cleaners would be appreciated. I've never worked with transceivers on a regular basis, only passive copper and active optical DACs.

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Since we go into the depths of high-density fiber, maybe some explanations on type A, B, C would be great as an article.
Also funny stuff is that it seems like MPO24 is super rare. Sounds like an obviously cheaper way to pull more fiber at once but both 24 strand cables and cassetes are like super rare.
I've never knew OS2 MPO are all APC. But I guess I don't ahve to worry about it then because all cassetes will also be APC.