CoolerMaster Cosmos II $248 on TigerDirect

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Danic

Feb 6, 2015
jrdm.us
I own a cosmos II case and works very well as my home server. But check its dimensions, it is very large. I like that side panels as they swing open and very easy to remove. Also impressed by the low level of noise and low temps of my 12 hard drives + 5 SSDs. The hot swap bays are removable so you can fit 5 in 3 bay + 1 more 5.25 bay. The include front hot swap bays are not standard size and may be difficult to reuse in other cases. Only thing that I feel like is missing is the lack of wheels, as its heavy case before you load it up with components.

Also looks like TD has good deals on various desktop chassis. Antec nineteen hundred seems like cosmos II sized case for cheaper.

MountainDew

Oct 19, 2015
Well folks, after my posting, TD dropped the price to $218. I waited to see if they were going to drop it again; hoping to get an even better deal. After a week, the price stayed. The next day, the case was pulled from their site! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I got greedy! For the next few days, I kept checking the site to see if it would get posted again. About 4 days after they pulled it from the site, they brought it back! And, it gets better: The price was dropped to $177!!!!!!!! It was $45 to ship it. Needless to say, I pulled the trigger. Keep the fingers crossed for me; hoping I won't have anything missing or damaged.

MountainDew

Oct 19, 2015
I'm ok with that. I have a Thermaltake Armor and while it's not as big, I know this thing will be huge. But I didn't want lights or noise for my next build and this was my favorite. I almost got the Lian Li D8000 but at $225, this was too good to pass up.

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
I've got the TT Core X9 sitting here beside me waiting on a guy to come and take it away ...too small ;)
Some kind of rack is in my future. A kijiji offcast and a pickup truck will probably happen in the spring.

MountainDew

Oct 19, 2015
I have an AV cabinet that I'm using for a rack but I might get rid of it. Unless my next place has a garage. Then I might use it there or just custom build a wooden rack.

MountainDew

Oct 19, 2015
Just checked and they're out again. Looks like I bought it at the right time. It should be here by Friday.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
I am still having stacker that used to hold my eatx lga771 ...
planning to put back lga 771 again in stacker, since I already replaced lga771 with e3 and i3 motherboard
still decent workstation lga 771 L5420 with just 4 stick FBDIMM(personal heater).

MountainDew

Oct 19, 2015
The beast came in just before the weekend. And wow, pics and vids do not capture the size of this case. I'm still happy with the purchase as this case will pretty much handle whatever I want. Looks like all the parts are here and there are no blemishes. I almost wish I had bought two!