EU Consolidated FS thread (Quadro 6000 - NVDimm-N, Xeon's, SAS Controler, SSDs, Ruckus and more)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Disclaimer:
As @BlueFox correctly noted I shouldn't have too many different FS/WTB threads so this one is a consolidation thread. I will link to all the original ones as well since some of them contain discussions are more detailed information than provided here.

For Sale or Trade

GPU

Got a spare RTX6000 I dont really need looking for €2200 OBO + p&p.
Tried running it in a SLI system, but somehow didnt work (maybe sind I got one Dell, one HPE, or the board does not fully support it, or its NVIDIA removing that functionality, dunno. NVLink worked.)

Networking Gear

• Cisco SG350XMP-24 - €300.
  • Ruckus ICX 7450-48p €500

CPUs

I upgraded a couple of boxes so got a few spare CPUs, also decided I won't need all of my Scalable ones.

E3's, original thread: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/wts-xeon-e3-v5-v6.31852

• Xeon E3-1270 v5 - 1 avail, 120€ ea
  • Xeon E3-1220 v6 - 2 avail, 70€ ea
  • Xeon E3-1245 v6 - 4 avail, 150€ ea

E5 v4/ Scalable

Got a bunch of those I don't need any more. Probably got matching boards to go with them (X10SRI, X10SRA iirc, even a fully built out Intel 2 U Server with NVME support, SAS, Expander and rear Kit, but have not priced these, also an X11DPI-NT 2.00, S2600STB)

• Xeon E5 2640 v4 QS - 2x, €60 ea. -sold
  • Xeon E5 2680 v4 QS - 2x, €90 ea.

• Intel Xeon Gold 5115, 10C/20T, 2.40-3.20GHz QS - 2 avail, €300ea
  • Intel Xeon Gold 6150, 18C/36T, 2.70-3.70GHz QS - 2 avail, €400ea

• Intel Xeon Silver 4208, 8C/16T, 2.10-3.20GHz Retail - 1 avail, €200

Ruckus R710s
Original thread: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/fs-ruckus-r710-and-a-couple-iot-modules.31185

• Ruckus R710s, €250
  • Ruckus R730, €350
  • Also got some matching IOT modules (€50ea) and Ubiquity PoE adapters (€10ea) for those. Note you apparently need to force the AP to use 802.3at via CLI for Unleashed.

NVDimm-Ns and other SLOGs
These are remnants from earlier (successfully concluded) attempts to find a SLOG capable of providing 500 MB/s QD1T1 NFS sync speed to my vmware cluster...

The NVDimms warrant their own thread since they are not that good in compatibility, so please read up here: https://forums.servethehome.com/ind...package-sale-ultimate-slog-with-caveats.28508
  • NVDimm-N, 16GB, 2666MHz RDimm, with cable and PowerGem - €250ea. Ultimate SLOG for Scalable systems. Happy to help you build a system around these
  • Also got a NV1616 left, paid €250 for it, but prices dropped, so €100 shipped EU wide.
  • Also got a bunch of Optane 900p 280s, most AIC, some U2 - €180ea. - Some sold - Will hang on to the U2 for now
  • Also got a bunch of Optane 900p 480s, AIC, €350ea.
  • No slog, but while we are at NVME drives - got a bunch of Intel 750, 1,2 TB most AIC, some U2 - €150ea.

Raid Controller

Got a few Raid controllers i dont use, bought them originally for protection of ESXi boot drives but since moving to vSan i decided that my failure domain can also be at box level rather then drive level, so never deployed those.
All come with BBU - this limits shipping to Europe i think as sending batteries outside probably requires special care. Happy if you use a forwarder though.

• Lenovo 930-8i (have 3 or 4 ) - €150 ea obo - with bracket for the BBU
  • LSI 9361-8i (3) - €150 ea obo

SAS3 SSDs
Also remains from my previously mentioned attempts (mostly) I got a bunch of SAS3 SSDs left, see this thread for details

• Micron S630 DCs 1.6TB , 4 left, €200ea
  • WD SS530 1,6T SAS 3DWPD WUSTR6416ASS204 (4 left) €300ea
  • Also got 12 SS300's (800G), looking for €250ea. High price I know, mostly due to me not really wanting to sell them as they are brilliant drives. Make me an offer if you want them:)Repurposed for Chia atm;)

SAS3 Backplanes
Also remains from my previously mentioned attempts (mostly) I got a bunch of backplanes left:
  • Supermicro BPN-SAS3-216EL2 - 2 left, €180ea

Mainboard + CPU Combos
Not needed any more
  • Supermicro X11SRA + Intel W-2133 (6x3.6GHz), takes ECC Rdimms; €550,-
    Can thrown in a Coolermaster Hyper 212 Desktop Cooler
Other items
- Noctua NH-U14S DX-3647, Xeon-W - unused, open box, €60

Also got a bunch of SM chassis and probably some memory if you want a full system built.

If you have a real interest in buying I am happy to provide pictures, smart data, screenshots and whatever of anything and everything.
Also happy to provide references to previous trading partner or my Ebay profile, dont have heatware since thats mostly a US thing.

Everything shipping from Germany, no warranty unless otherwise indicated, will provide invoices were applicable.

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Want to buy or Trade

Nothing in particular, but happy to hear offers

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I think I got a bunch of 825s, some 216s, a 417, a shiny new CSE-113MFAC2 and a modded 836. Probably some more which are currently in use and would need more time (745s. 826's).
At some point they were hard to come buy so I snagged up some for running 6 host vSan setups and matching dev environment. And o/c the 216's/417s from the time when I still hoped that Truenas would actually scale with more drives :p

Panagiotis

Nov 5, 2019
@Rand__
Do you by any chance have any Supermicro PWS-920P-SQ PSUs for sale?

I have a SuperChassis 825TQ-R720LPB with two PWS-721P-1R PSUs, which are too noisy for my liking. I'm using the server as a workstation at the moment in a room in my house, and I'm bummed that even when powered off, the PSUs spin their fans and produce noise.

Thanks

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Hm I might, but not sure. Barely use them since I normally don't need 900W psus (and use 1k Titanium then most of the time). Will need to check.

Panagiotis

Nov 5, 2019
Hm I might, but not sure. Barely use them since I normally don't need 900W psus (and use 1k Titanium then most of the time). Will need to check.
I am contemplating whether I should replace the PSUs, or sell the whole chassis with PSUs, backplane etc and place the mobo/cpu/ram combo in a large tower case. It will all depend on the pricing of the 920P-SQ (if I can find them reasonably priced), and whether I'll receive my Asus Hyper M.2 x4 nvme adapter, which I believe is high profile only (and the chassis is the 7 LP port version).

If you can be bothered to check, please do so at your own pace. I'm not in a great hurry. Thanks

Panagiotis

Nov 5, 2019
Wattage is not an issue even with the current setup with the 720 Watt PSUs, if that's you mean. I am considering getting the -SQ PSUs for the sole purpose of reduced server noise, both when powered on or off, I wont actually need the 920W they provide.

Also, the nvme card I'm waiting a reply on from the retailer is actually the HYPER M.2 X16 GEN 4 CARD, which looks like is High Profile only, so in that case i'll just replace the chassis altogether, so I wont need the -SQ PSUs. So, just check if you have them in your free time, no reason to rush it, that's what I mean.

Thanks

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I meant regarding cards (ie if you need tower from space point of view). You also can convert the 7lpp back to the other type (might have some parts since I usually do it the other way round).
and there are other less noisy psus, but in the end its all server stuff, for a low power build a fanless ATX psu is hard to beat.

Panagiotis

Nov 5, 2019
I meant regarding cards (ie if you need tower from space point of view). You also can convert the 7lpp back to the other type (might have some parts since I usually do it the other way round).
and there are other less noisy psus, but in the end its all server stuff, for a low power build a fanless ATX psu is hard to beat.
Well, I don't know if the back can be changed to the other type. It does not seem so, at least in mine, without exchanging the whole chassis. Anyway, I'm likely going to keep this, so if you do happen to have 2x the specific PSUs (PWS-920P-SQ, the super quiet ones), please let me know what you'd like for them, thanks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Really looking to get rid of those Scalable CPUs, happy to take offers if you are remotely interested , if only to get a feel for acceptable prices

Panagiotis

Nov 5, 2019
Just a quick post to say that Rand__ is an amazing seller.

He had the PSU I was looking for, gave me a fair price for it, and included other parts I cared for in the package for free. He was very patient with my too many questions, very fast to respond, and always to the point. Also shipped the package very fast. I am very satisfied and will buy from him again whenever I might need something.

Thank you Rand__, it was a pleasure.