Connectx-3 EN CX314A-BCBT 40/56 GbE for USD19

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
my packages also arrived @ shipto , and my gnodal GS0018 is already here ^^ , now need some breakout cables ;)

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
i maybe have 2x 3M mellanox breakout over, already in Germany.
Not sure if i really need them, need to think about this next week.

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
would be great, please let me now if you dont need them.

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
any link ? i think when i install the switch in the middle of the rack , 1m should be enough

drabadue

Sep 15, 2016
I ordered 2 of these cards based on the experiences others posted in this thread. I offered $19/ea, they countered @ $20/ea. I bought 2, with $12 shipping. I got the cards in the mail today, and inside the package, there was 3 cards. One had the bracket on it, and 2 others had brackets, but no screws (all short brackets). I emailed the seller, to let them know they sent me 3 cards total. They emailed me back saying they didn't have any more cards with the brackets already attached, so they sent out 3 cards to make up for the missing screws.

So essentially, I got 3 of these cards for $52. I need to get them in and test the ports to see if I am lucky enough to have working cards like others have been.

K D

Dec 24, 2016
Anyone willing to swap a standard profile bracket for a low profile one?

wardtj

Jan 23, 2015
Anyone willing to swap a standard profile bracket for a low profile one?
MCX354A brackets should work with the 314A's... I've got several of these coming so should be able to confirm in a week or two...

Alternatively you can call Mellanox. They've been good about brackets in the past...

Reactions: K D

fossxplorer

Mar 17, 2016
Oslo, Norway
Is yours marked as 314a or 354a on the back?
I just gone mine and are all maked ConnectX-3 EN 40GB 314a. I.e no mention about Pro.

And your testing with iperf3, i assume it's 10G you were testing since you use SFP+?

EDIT: image of mine OwnDrive - Trusted Cloud Storage

I just updated the firmware on one and it shows up as a pro:

[root@esx-3:/opt/mellanox/bin] ./mlxfwmanager --query
Querying Mellanox devices firmware ...

Device #1:
----------

Device Type: ConnectX3Pro
Part Number: MCX314A-BCC_Ax​

Last edited:

drabadue

Sep 15, 2016
I just gone mine and are all maked ConnectX-3 EN 40GB 314a. I.e no mention about Pro.

And your testing with iperf3, i assume it's 10G you were testing since you use SFP+?

I know your quote wasn't directed to me, but I ended up with 5 of these cards from the same seller. All of them are CX314A-BCCT. And all 5 say "Connect-x3 Pro" on the sticker on the back. They have different dates and different rev's though. One even says "Engineering Sample". I have only had a chance to install one, and I only got as far as downloading drivers and getting it to recognize in device manager. Hope to try and transfer files before the weekend.

The fifth one is currently still in the machine, but it came up as 'Pro' in device manager.

segfault

Apr 5, 2016
hasno.info

All of mine said 314a pro.

I tested with my lb6m and iperf3.
At this point they are in “homeprod” and have been running without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wardtj

Jan 23, 2015
My 5 arrived today. They are all Pro cards. Just waiting on FH brackets to arrive so I can test. Quick visual inspection shows no obvious defects. All ports take QSFP+ cables and unlatch easily. Once I have brackets I'll see about FW upgrades on these and validate they work. Expecting them too as others reported...

drabadue

Sep 15, 2016
I tried all 5 of mine, and either I'm doing something wrong, or they're all duds. I'm working with windows 10 and I can't get the ports to recognize. They all say they're disconnected. Installed the driver's, updated firmware, no dice.

drabadue

Sep 15, 2016
Do they show up as ethernet or infiniband in the device manager?
Mine are locked and all show up as ethernet.

Under HCA port type configuration:

HW defaults is selected and the options are greyed out.

If I uncheck HW defaults, everything stays greyed out, and Ethernet is selected.