Connectx-3 EN CX314A-BCBT 40/56 GbE for USD19

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mmk

Oct 15, 2016
Czech Republic
Some people were 3d-printing brackets for certain Mellanox models but at least I can't find any for the QSFP-based boards; only the SFP/CX4-based stuff. Anyone know better?

segfault

Apr 5, 2016
hasno.info
My second order just arrived and these included both the low profile and full height brackets. I haven’t tested them yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
ordered four pictured with the fp brackets, still have some lp brackets on stock but would be even better if both were included. Bad thing is that they will go to shipito and i wont get the stuff there soon...

mmk

Oct 15, 2016
Czech Republic
I feel your pain. Mine are coming with Ebay global shipments -- they are as slow as the basically free postage from China but minimum ten times more expensive. I don't quite understand how they get away with this.

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
eBay global shipping is imho close to fraud when in comes to customs ...
never got paperwork that confirmed they paid Import vat at all, but need this stuff for the books :(
consolidating at a forwarder is much better regarding this, but takes some time gathering enough stuff to save with shipping.

@segfault thats good news ! how about the damage, is there anything visible ?

segfault

Apr 5, 2016
hasno.info
Nothing visible so far. I’m going to toss them into a box later today to test ports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 30, 2017
I feel your pain. Mine are coming with Ebay global shipments -- they are as slow as the basically free postage from China but minimum ten times more expensive. I don't quite understand how they get away with this.
Oh god... I had quickly bought them and figured the shipping time/costs were because of the seller.

Paid around €35 and have to wait 2 more weeks. :(

mmk

Oct 15, 2016
Czech Republic
Oh god... I had quickly bought them and figured the shipping time/costs were because of the seller.

Paid around €35 and have to wait 2 more weeks. :(
It's a horrible ripoff. It takes 2-3 weeks and costs almost as much as sending them over with Fedex (which takes 3-4 days depending on how you deal with the customs). And also they charge much more for customs than you would pay otherwise. What an excellent deal.

Edit: eBay does. Not this particular seller.

segfault

Apr 5, 2016
hasno.info
I put three of them in one of my boxes. I'm seeing different info from these. Two say something like:
Device Type: ConnectX3Pro
Part Number: MCX314A-BCC_PROMISCUS_VLAN_Ax
Description: ConnectX-3 Pro EN network interface card; 40GigE; dual-port QSFP; PCIe3.0 x8 8GT/s; RoHS R6
PSID: MT_1090111023

One says:
Part Number: MCX314A-BCC_Ax
Description: ConnectX-3 Pro EN network interface card; 40GigE; dual-port QSFP; PCIe3.0 x8 8GT/s; RoHS R6

After flashing them to the latest firmware all are showing:

So far all ports have shown a link light when tested w/ a qsfp to sfp+ adapter and have passed traffic. I ran iperf3 and hit the normal max on my network when testing each port. I have two more to flash and test, so we'll see if I find a dud but so far it's looking good.

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
I put three of them in one of my boxes. I'm seeing different info from these. Two say something like:
Part Number: MCX314A-BCC_PROMISCUS_VLAN_Ax
PSID: MT_1090111023

One says:

After flashing them to the latest firmware all are showing:

So far all ports have shown a link light when tested w/ a qsfp to sfp+ adapter and have passed traffic. I ran iperf3 and hit the normal max on my network when testing each port. I have two more to flash and test, so we'll see if I find a dud but so far it's looking good.
Glad they panned out for ya and hell I thought they were just bracket material hellova good deal if the ports work

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
Had a quick look about the other listings of this seller. Guess they declare nearly everything 'for parts' just to avoid returns.