Connectx-3 EN CX314A-BCBT 40/56 GbE for USD19

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
any suggestions for Optical transceivers ?

what kind of optical cable i need for 90 to 120 feet ?

Last edited:

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
It looks like those are for parts items, they may not be functional or only partially so. I would definitely contact the seller before purchasing!
Sry bout that was late night post I meant for it to show off the brackets since they can be hard 2 find sometimes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

chilipepperz

Mar 17, 2016
If even one port works then that's a killer deal. Even if it doesn't it's like buying an expensive bracket.

segfault

Apr 5, 2016
hasno.info
I picked up two as a test. I had to strip the low profile brackets but it looks like both ports work on them. I tested with an sfp+ adapter connected to a dac. Just some basic functionality testing, link, ping, etc.

mmk

Oct 15, 2016
Czech Republic
I picked up two as a test. I had to strip the low profile brackets but it looks like both ports work on them. I tested with an sfp+ adapter connected to a dac. Just some basic functionality testing, link, ping, etc.
Do you mean you bought the ones with 'damaged ports' and they seem to work fine?

segfault

Apr 5, 2016
hasno.info
Do you mean you bought the ones with 'damaged ports' and they seem to work fine?
So far, yes. I'm able to pass traffic on both ports with the two cards. I'm using a qsfp to sfp+ adapter, so ymmv. I only have 10gb switches available for testing. I've ordered some more cards, I'll report back when I get them. Later this week hopefully I'll be cutting over to these cards for most devices in my racks. Wish me luck.

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
Nice, guess the cards with the damaged ports were FCCT / the 'Pro' version ?
Desperately looking for a high-res image of an FCCT circuit board to compare with FCBT / get an idea if there is any difference in HW at all between those.

Jul 30, 2017
The seller also has a listing of similar cards without a bracket. Also damaged.
There it says that "net1 flare socket worn out".
Anyone have an idea what this means for simple homelab use?

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
I think I have fcct ones that i know are pros if u wanna pic

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
thanks!
I consider patching mstflint to allow fcct fw to fcbt adapters - there is a check in it that throws an error, and i guess there is not really another reason than this check why it doesn't work.
whith your pics i can now check if physical hw is identical before ;)

segfault

Apr 5, 2016
hasno.info
I just updated the firmware on one and it shows up as a pro:

[root@esx-3:/opt/mellanox/bin] ./mlxfwmanager --query
Querying Mellanox devices firmware ...

Device #1:
----------

Device Type: ConnectX3Pro
Part Number: MCX314A-BCC_Ax​

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
cool, this should give you vxlan offload and other goodies.
have you tried the cx354a-fcct vpi fw, too ?
think it should work when the card doesn't refuse the pro-fw for EN ;)