Connectivity to a server on Hyper V which has a different VLAN

Discussion in 'Windows Server, Hyper-V Virtualization' started by Jos Woody, May 16, 2018.

1. Jos Woody

Jos Woody New Member

Hi,

In my Hyper-V environment I have created a VM and an External Virtual Switch for VLAN 222. I have assigned the VM this external switch and set the VLAN ID on the Virtual NIC.

Now I can ping from the VM to outside the Hyper V environment (for example the default gateway on the router), however I cannot ping from outside to the hyper-v environment. I am assuming that this is by design, right?

What can I do in order to make the VM reachable from outside the hyper v environment?

Thanks.