Connectivity Issues on Windows 10 with Mellanox ConnectX-2 and Driver 5.50

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

shrike0064

Jan 14, 2019
Having issues with a Connectx 3 EN single port that will not link. 10gb modules are Mellanox and work in my network switches.
Windows 10 client loads the drivers for the card and assigns a default IP.
Proved cables operational, PCI-e port operational by using a NIC card, 10gb modules operational.
Driver under system devices set to ETH. Other radio buttons grayed out.
Both Mellanox and Microsoft drivers do the same thing. Card installed but will not link/connect.

I have now tried 4 different Connectx 3 EN single port cards and 4 different Connectx 2 EN single port cards without success on 3 different motherboards.

Ideas?

shrike0064

Jan 14, 2019
Yes. All versions and Windows 10 client. Still cannot get them to acquire an IP. Link light on but no connection.

cdoublejj

Jan 5, 2018
any other devices work in the same pcie slot? check the firmware version on your CX cards? thats really really really wierd i'd be trying linux just make sure you didn't get duds.

shrike0064

Jan 14, 2019
any other devices work in the same pcie slot? check the firmware version on your CX cards? thats really really really wierd i'd be trying linux just make sure you didn't get duds.
Yes. I have tried 2 Mellanox ConnectX-3 EN cards it two different manufacturer motherboards, same thing.
Windows assigns a generic IP. Even if I use a static for my network, still no connection. Windows shows the card operational but disconnected. Same with 4 different ConnectX-2 cards.

Same results in all versions of Windows Server 2008r2 through 2019 and Windows 7, 8, and 10 Client.

A dual port LAN card works fine in the PCIE slot. Both ports operational in 3 motherboards and 1 completely different motherboard. So it's not the PCIE slot.

Strange thing is before the latest 5.50 driver update the cards worked just fine. Same with my Connectx-2 EN cards. I've tried different modules, verifying each in my fiber switches. They work just fine.
I've been trying to go back to the previous windows driver but have not succeeded. Also get the same results under Linux Mint.

I've tried 3 different routers including the one that worked before.
Really frustrating.

Firmware: 2.42.5000
MCX311A-XCAS

cdoublejj

Jan 5, 2018
Yes. I have tried 2 Mellanox ConnectX-3 EN cards it two different manufacturer motherboards, same thing.
Windows assigns a generic IP. Even if I use a static for my network, still no connection. Windows shows the card operational but disconnected. Same with 4 different ConnectX-2 cards.

Same results in all versions of Windows Server 2008r2 through 2019 and Windows 7, 8, and 10 Client.

A dual port LAN card works fine in the PCIE slot. Both ports operational in 3 motherboards and 1 completely different motherboard. So it's not the PCIE slot.

Strange thing is before the latest 5.50 driver update the cards worked just fine. Same with my Connectx-2 EN cards. I've tried different modules, verifying each in my fiber switches. They work just fine.
I've been trying to go back to the previous windows driver but have not succeeded. Also get the same results under Linux Mint.

I've tried 3 different routers including the one that worked before.
Really frustrating.

Firmware: 2.42.5000
MCX311A-XCAS
You're Cursed!