Confusion around MLNX-OS and Mellanox Support Contract

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
Hi,

So I just bought a used Mellanox SX6036 (see my thread here https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/log-new-second-homelab.30801/#post-285127). The auction title mentioned IBM, looks like a "original" (def. not EMC) Mellanox switch judging from the pics.

Even though it's going to take about two weeks for the switch to arrive, I wanted to download the newest MLNX-OS.
I registered for the Mellanox Support, but whenever I go to the download portal, I just get a "Page not available" error.

Do I need an active Mellanox support contract to download the latest firmware for the SX6036 switch?

Cirrusflyer

Aug 29, 2021
Dear all,
I bought a used Mellanox SN2700-CS2F Switch.

Apparently, the SSD is bad as it does show 0GB when checking in the BIOS & "No boot device found" message also showing up in the CLI.

So I plan now to replace the SSD using the steps described here

Question:
Can I use the image @i386 provided for new installation of MLNX-OS ?

Thank you for your help ;-)

klui

Feb 3, 2019
No, the SN series switches are x86-based while the Lenovo download is PPC based.

Cirrusflyer

Aug 29, 2021
No, the SN series switches are x86-based while the Lenovo download is PPC based.
Thank you.

Any Idea how I could get the SN switch running, anybody can provide me the MLNX-OS Image maybe, even if it would be an old version ?

Cirrusflyer

Aug 29, 2021
now this is the link to an nvidia site. After you get there you need to find a “switch” section and scrolling down you may find what you need.

Thank you, unfortunately I just learned that we need "X86_64-3.5.1000-21-installer.bin".
Can somebody help me out here ?

Thank you !

mcdaguo

Jul 2, 2020
Hello

I don’t have much experience with the SN series switches, but I have been searching for Onyx Firmware for a SX1036.

I came across this on the HP Support Site.

HPE Support Center

More SN2700 info here.

Software Details | HPE Support Center

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home/productSelector?sp4ts.oid=1010209398

I have no idea if this will work for your issues.

Good luck with your searching.

RedX1
Thank you for your reply,

All SN2700 Firmware in the HPE Support Center need to apply for authorization before they can be downloaded.