Comparison: Intel i350-T4 Genuine vs Fake

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

neo

Mar 18, 2015
Any tips on finding a OEM genuine quad port i350? I need one for a new a build and it sounds like I'll have to eventually replace my cheap Chinese dual port.

Currently OEM part numbers to search (I'll update this):
  • Dell
    • K9CR1, THGMP
  • HP
    • NC361T (2 port i350) (PDF)
  • IBM Lenovo
    • 00D1998 : I350-T4 ML2 Quad Port GbE Adapter
    • 00AG510: Intel I350-T2 2xGbE BaseT Adapter
    • 00AG520:Intel I350-T4 4xGbE BaseT Adapter
    • Press Release
Dell 9YD6K

Reactions: Alfa147x

neo

Mar 18, 2015
I might be biased, but wouldn't it be simpler to have a single thread? I can update my original post with due credit.

Alfa147x

Feb 7, 2014
I might be biased, but wouldn't it be simpler to have a single thread? I can update my original post with due credit.
I was just concered that the information was buried in this thread. I've requested that the mods close my thread. No worries about credit. Just wanted the information to be easily accessible.

Thanks!

neo

Mar 18, 2015
No worries, I'll update the post with credit shortly. Let's see if anyone else is aware of other OEM part numbers.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
Heh you "scared" me into going 10 gbit
do not be scared. you got what you wished for :D

OOT for intermezzo:
searching on GPU/VGA card, with quick search can find faked GPU card, one example-> Vamery 2GB 128bit DDR2 PCI E Express Graphics Card for PC VGA DVI HDMI | eBay
this has been reported since 2014 fake nvidia GPU -> https://forums.geforce.com/default/...egal-nvidia-branded-gpus-on-ebay-and-amazon-/
be careful guys when buying third party from seller in China.

even on US seller is selling fake GPU too ->Vamery GTX 650 2GB 128bit DDR3 PCI E 3 0x16 Graphics Video Card New | eBay
Notes: those two item are identical.

stick with NON thirdparty in Amazon, and newegg.
ebay is getting out of hands on fake/counterfeit product from China....

Hizzo3

Sep 23, 2015
Just wanted to add that I bought 3rd party Amazon, but fulfilled by Amazon (prime eligible) and my T4 turned out fake. It was having issues passing traffic which lead me to this thread. I am trying to see what Amazon is doing to do regarding CEP (their policy). Otherwise, they may end up loosing my electronic business. I would encourage others to report through the major supply chains as most will destroy and file legal preceedings. Reputation is key. Thanks for doing this Neo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick and neo

canta

Nov 26, 2014
Just wanted to add that I bought 3rd party Amazon, but fulfilled by Amazon (prime eligible) and my T4 turned out fake. It was having issues passing traffic which lead me to this thread. I am trying to see what Amazon is doing to do regarding CEP (their policy). Otherwise, they may end up loosing my electronic business. I would encourage others to report through the major supply chains as most will destroy and file legal preceedings. Reputation is key. Thanks for doing this Neo.
I think, you can return that since fullfilled by Amazon.

reporting to whom? Amazon?...
as I mentioned, stick with non third party seller :D.

even on newegg, fake/counterfeit third party seller still blooming :p. this is the reason I always pick newegg or amazon that sell directly.

neo

Mar 18, 2015
I edited the original post (at the bottom) with updates.

I aggregated a good amount of OEM part numbers.

Feel free to contribute if you are aware of any that are missing.

superempie

Sep 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Just read this and signed up right away, so first: hi!

I own a I350-T4 quad port with Dell PN 0K7H46 which I bought second hand in dec 2014 in The Netherlands, Europe for 90 euro's.
Board layout is somewhat different from the cards pictured, but does not have "delta" embossed in the chips.

Attachments

neo

Mar 18, 2015
Just read this and signed up right away, so first: hi!

I own a I350-T4 quad port with Dell PN 0K7H46 which I bought second hand in dec 2014 in The Netherlands, Europe for 90 euro's.
Board layout is somewhat different from the cards pictured, but does not have "delta" embossed in the chips.
There are several suspicious things I found in your photos. Straight away, your Delta transformers are identical as my counterfeit card and your heatsink does not match my authentic card.

Secondly, the back of your card has 2 different manufactured dates. 04/2014 and 05/2014.

Thirdly, the only results that I've came across for the Dell part number 0K7H46 is an x540-T2. Take a look at the last photo in this eBay auction. Googling 0K7H46 also exclusively yields results for x540-T2 cards.

From what I've observed I would conclude that you have a counterfeit i350-T4 card onto which someone applied Dell 0K7H46 stickers from a x540-T2 card. However, I am not the authoritative voice on authentic Dell cards - I've only stated what I believe to be true from observations and research.

Mike Bailey

Sep 24, 2015
New York
There's also a handful of the counterfeit cards that don't have the Intel silkscreened next to the GbE ports.

It seems like they might be getting more clever about counterfeiting them as I have one from 6 months ago and it lacks that Intel logo, among other things.

Surprisingly, the one that I have right now is running at close to 60% duty cycle and it's not failed yet.

Of course, now that I say it I'm sure that the card is going to fail tomorrow at 3 AM.

ggg

Jul 2, 2015
I think Intel wants to/has to sell cards in PRC at lower prices and so allows the AM chips to be put into cards manufactured for that market.
It means we pay higher prices for the NIC in the US. It can sometimes mean we get better quality and testing and warranty. There's the issue of trust too.
One might find a non-Intel, non-OEM card made for another market to work just fine or the quality might be lower.
The difference in branding/price/quality assurance warranty and price give manufactuers and sellers incentive to mislabel and misrepresent the product.
I don't like that we have to pay more but I do like the warranty from Intel. I don't like the mis-representation and don't want to buy the conterfeit stuff. I might buy stuff manufactured for that market if it had a warranty and was not mis-represented. Trust - trust whomever you choose it's more about risk managment.
Aware of this dynamic, I've taken care to get genuine cards from Newegg and Ebay.
The first (T2) I got from Newegg full price and it had a Yottamark sticker. It stopped working after a couple months and I got an RMA replacement from them. I verified the Yottamark sticker with Intel during the RMA process.
The second (T4) I got off Ebay used and I took care to look for the embossed Delta and it has a Yottamark sticker as well. It's working fine now and the T2 which is still going strong needs to go on Ebay. :)

Last edited:

canta

Nov 26, 2014
I think Intel wants to/has to sell cards in PRC at lower prices and so allows the AM chips to be put into cards manufactured for that market.
It means we pay higher prices for the NIC in the US. It can sometimes mean we get better quality and testing and warranty. There's the issue of trust too.
One might find a non-Intel, non-OEM card made for another market to work just fine or the quality might be lower.
The difference in branding/price/quality assurance warranty and price give manufactuers and sellers incentive to mislabel and misrepresent the product.

I don't like that we have to pay more but I do like the warranty from Intel. I don't like the mis-representation and don't want to buy the conterfeit stuff. I might buy stuff manufactured for that market if it had a warranty and was not mis-represented. Trust - trust whomever you choose it's more about risk managment.
Aware of this dynamic, I've taken care to get genuine cards from Newegg and Ebay.
The first (T2) I got from Newegg full price and it had a Yottamark sticker. It stopped working after a couple months and I got an RMA replacement from them. I verified the Yottamark sticker with Intel during the RMA process.
The second (T4) I got off Ebay used and I took care to look for the embossed Delta and it has a Yottamark sticker as well. It's working fine now and the T2 which is still going strong needs to go on Ebay. :)
everyone know, everything is made-in china.

if you look on active componets, mostly are clone or low-quality. this is reasonable that they can sell very low. 100% of them are reseller.

failing genuine Intel card is possible, the question is how many failing in percentage.

the problem is most are hiding to sell fake as genuine intel NIC.
I know one manufacture in China that sell with their brand and do honestly without erase and relabel the chips.
as I know, most fake one are not just fine, this is like a ticking bomb.
this is added from my other experience from buying DIY components.

abstractalgebra

Dec 3, 2013
MA, USA
One of the linked fake cards in the article was honest enough to report the card is NOT covered by Intel warranty. :)
They did not answer other questions about the components and smaller heatsink.

Dear friend

The card is not covered by Intel Warranty.

kind regards
ivan

Goezshopping Inc.

INTEL i350AM4 Gigabit 4 Port Network Server PCI-e Network Adapter 1000M i350-T4
Item Id: 151207718974​