Comparison: Intel i350-T4 Genuine vs Fake

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

keenox

Jun 25, 2019
I'll post some pictures tonight when I get home. I also crosschecked one barcode on the box and it finds the bulk version of the card. The "L233752-OEM" text was printed directly on the box, so might not be related to the card directly.

weust

Aug 15, 2014
For the price you paid for it and the barcode showing a bulk version, it might be real.
So far :)

The one I bought still works fine. It surprises me, tbh.

keenox

Jun 25, 2019
Sorry, got sidetracked and didn't have time to take the card out.

So, here are the pics:

Last edited:

weust

Aug 15, 2014
Both links show "Error fetching original image".

But I see yellow stickers on the bracket. Those aren't standard, especially with hand written text on it.
This is not a new card.

weust

Aug 15, 2014
Aah ok :)

At least it has more stickers then mine. Can't say anything else about it.

ClintE

Feb 22, 2019
Thanks to all for the info in this great thread!

I quickly found out I had a counterfeit I350 card and replaced it with a *real* Dell server pull. The counterfeit was working fine for about 5 months, but wasn't going to take any chances. Contacted eBay seller, didn't expect anything, and they promised a discount on next purchase through them. Mainly wanted to inform them about their supplier for future reference.

Cheers!

e97

Jun 3, 2015
Can't you just check the genuine sticker and serial # on the back? Or is that a recent verification thing.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Thanks to all for the info in this great thread!

I quickly found out I had a counterfeit I350 card and replaced it with a *real* Dell server pull. The counterfeit was working fine for about 5 months, but wasn't going to take any chances. Contacted eBay seller, didn't expect anything, and they promised a discount on next purchase through them. Mainly wanted to inform them about their supplier for future reference.

Cheers!
Link to seller please?

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Can't you just check the genuine sticker and serial # on the back? Or is that a recent verification thing.
A lot of times they duplicate these too, and you only find out when you actually send it in for warranty that you don't have one.

Reactions: Fritz

ClintE

Feb 22, 2019
Link to seller please?
Here's the eBay link to the seller of the Dell I350, but doesn't look like they have any more.

syil443 on eBay

I also purchased a Cisco I350 server pull from this seller; looks like they have another one. A couple components on the card are just a little bit different, but main ones look genuine. Only short bracket on these, but full brackets are available from lots of sellers. I might grab another one from this seller for a spare.

ferrash00 on eBay

Good luck!

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Here's the eBay link to the seller of the Dell I350, but doesn't look like they have any more.

syil443 on eBay

I also purchased a Cisco I350 server pull from this seller; looks like they have another one. A couple components on the card are just a little bit different, but main ones look genuine. Only short bracket on these, but full brackets are available from lots of sellers. I might grab another one from this seller for a spare.

ferrash00 on eBay

Good luck!
He's got a 1TB spinner IBM HD listed as a "Plug In Module" :confused:

ClintE

Feb 22, 2019
He's got a 1TB spinner IBM HD listed as a "Plug In Module" :confused:
Yeah, saw that also, rather strange.

I put in a bid for another Cisco I350 card. The one I have is working great, looking to expand the system's ethernet ports.

Noticed that the Dell card doesn't show support for SR-IOV but the Cisco does. Is that a good thing for the Cisco card, and not so good for the Dell? Or is it even necessary?

ClintE

Feb 22, 2019
I'm on my third Cisco quad-port I350 card now with zero problems. All three report the same characteristics, like SR-IOV and such.

The Dell card works great, but doesn't show SR-IOV capabilities.

Thanks to all for comments etc.!

hippyhappo

Oct 3, 2016
Does this i350-T4 look legit?:

i350t4.jpg

The "Delta" on the ethernet transformers is embossed and the heatsink is the correct / bulkier size. The inductor in the bottom right corner of the card is different though. I tried searching for the "BI31100LF" part number, but nothing shows up.

Does anybody have a known legit Dell THGMP card that looks like mine, or do all the legit cards have the "EE 831-03362F" on the inductor?

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
If it's a Dell card, it's not as high a chance to be a fake. I finally gave up on finding a genuine intel dual 1000PT server pci-x and went with the HP version that were genuine server pulls and cheaper too boot. Still have them all running too. :)

Reactions: Fritz

ClintE

Feb 22, 2019
I've been having great luck with the Cisco cards; 3 in a row and no fakes. SR-IOV function also available, unlike Dell cards.

hippyhappo

Oct 3, 2016
If it's a Dell card, it's not as high a chance to be a fake. I finally gave up on finding a genuine intel dual 1000PT server pci-x and went with the HP version that were genuine server pulls and cheaper too boot. Still have them all running too. :)
Yeah, I swear like 90% of the cards I've looked at are fakes. I tried to find a card that was as close to identical to the genuine Dell card in this thread. The image on the listing was identical to the genuine card, but the one I received was slightly different. The listing said they were server pulls, but who knows.