Colo Space!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rnavarro

Feb 14, 2013
UPDATE - 7/22/22

Tenant is moving out and I have some space available again!

Same details apply, pretty flexible arrangement!

----------------------------

I wasn't sure where to post this up, but this place seemed relevant.

I have some colo availability at Hurricane Electric in Fremont, CA.

A few of the details:

Shared 1Gbps (1000 Mbps) uplink, unmetered bandwidth
IPv4 and IPv6 addressing available
I have a top of rack V1910-48G that does basic IP routing to everyone and you're on your own from there.

I'd like to get $100/mo for 3A of power, we have more than enough U's to accommodate any gear (it's a full rack and we're only using about 1/4 1/2 of it right now)

Let me know if there is any interest or additional questions!

Last edited:
Reactions: doughnet and Aestr

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Cool to see something like this on here. Too bad we're not looking to move to CA until next year. Hopefully we see some more shared cost posts in the future.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Hey @rnavarro - that reminds me, would you be willing to send me a PM with your sales person at HE?

christopher kuhn

Mar 20, 2015
Would you be interested in posting whether this space is HIPAA compliant? Or high-sec complaint? I ask because this would be perfect for a 4u nas that only receives 2 daily sets of backups for my company. Thank you! There wanting us to get backups on both east and west coast :p

rnavarro

Feb 14, 2013
Would you be interested in posting whether this space is HIPAA compliant? Or high-sec complaint? I ask because this would be perfect for a 4u nas that only receives 2 daily sets of backups for my company. Thank you! There wanting us to get backups on both east and west coast :p
Honestly, I have no idea haha. I've never dealt with any compliance issues.

The rack is locked and requires approval to get to the gear?

TLN

Feb 26, 2016
Hm, that sounds interesting. I was thinking of getting own rackspace for backup/vpn/etc. Not sure if I need all that power in the beginning though.

rnavarro

Feb 14, 2013
Hm, that sounds interesting. I was thinking of getting own rackspace for backup/vpn/etc. Not sure if I need all that power in the beginning though.
From what I understand the tenant that is leaving did just this. He had a small server he used for off-site backups and VPN.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
3 Amps will go quicker than you expect:)

I moved a bunch of servers into 10U at a local colo in September to remove the louder and hotter systems from my home as well as provide an extra offsite backup of data. 2 months later and I'm looking to expand to 20U.