CoLo Facility Opinions?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
URL: Rancho Cordova, California Data Center

Anyone have any experience with them?

About their network:

Carrier-grade Networks
Our network utilizes an all-fiber backbone with N+2 redundancy and seamless BGP failover between primary and backup carriers. Client connections up 40Gbps are available. Our current carrier mix for house-blend Internet connections includes XO, Level3 and Cogent. In addition to those carriers, AT&T, Integra and Comcast are on-Net and available for dedicated circuits, and we also have the ability to bring in additional carriers as needed.

More info in PDF: https://www.datacate.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/GCDC-Faclility-Brochure.pdf

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
Not worked with them before, interesting smaller site may have decent prices and could be good to work with if local to you.
Have an ok mix of connectivity it looks like https://bgp.he.net/AS55106#_asinfo

Looks like they also offer sublet space in other bigger facilities around the country.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Datacate also has places in Sacramento I believe?

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Not worked with them before, interesting smaller site may have decent prices and could be good to work with if local to you.
Have an ok mix of connectivity it looks like https://bgp.he.net/AS55106#_asinfo

Looks like they also offer sublet space in other bigger facilities around the country.
Sadly too far.

Datacate also has places in Sacramento I believe?
This is what you've likely heard as the "Sacramento" location as they do have a couple others around the U.S and this is practically in Sacramento.

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
I do deal with quite a few colos for work across North America and Europe - may be able to suggest places to consider or avoid if you are interested.
Some questions to refine would be: Location / budget / amount of space desired / shared or dedicated to you / need frequent physical access / data only or other special requirements / bandwidth & power requirements / probability of expanding space in near or long term.

Feel free to PM too

Reactions: T_Minus

obrith

Nov 21, 2017
We have a 1/4 rack + 100mbps commit there. The facility is pretty small but decent. The network is fine but the basic blend is not high-end. It's worked well at a reasonable price and within driving distance to us. We're happy customers who've been there for several years. We entered there as a disaster recovery/backup site but we've since chosen to host a corporate website node (redundant) there too as it's plenty high enough quality.

Keep in mind it's a fairly small business. That has it's plus and minus'.

PM me if you have specific questions.

Reactions: T_Minus