CLOSED > WTB: E5-2697 v4 CPU

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

abq

May 23, 2015
Hello All,
I am hoping someone has an extra E5-2697v4 laying around in $250 range. Please no ES or remarks, just production/OEM. CPU is going into my new homelab.
Thx Much,
ABQ:)

Last edited:

abq

May 23, 2015
Last edited:

Serverking

The quieter you are, the more you can hear...
Jan 6, 2019
...But I think you are mostly looking for resale & flip profit, not hobbyist. Best wishes for your "[WTB] Looking for 2667 v2" below market...lol
Don't sell anything unless I'm upgrading but still I rather keep it. I just hate buying new or paying full price. As you may know many hobbyists have many servers not just one or two. Kind of sucks if you have one server.... maybe you do. Sorry mate :(:(:(

abq

May 23, 2015
I am probably a bit too ambitious with my plans to move up to a E5 V4 generation server. I should wait a bit longer for prices to drop on E5 V4 CPUs & DDR4 memory, and just stick with my L5640 & X5679 gen servers for now. They do what I need, other than suck a bit of power & long in the tooth. Always tough to stay current with my homelab budget, and SO priorities.

You have a great point on being able to build a half dozen E5 V2 generation servers for less money, more capabilities, & chance to network. I'll probably end up look for a solid E5 V2 generation SuperMicro Twin. Maybe I will get lucky enough to find a good deal on a SuperMicro 2027TR-D70QRF (2U size, 2 node of dual E5 v2 w/8 DDR3 slots, dual intel i350 + single Mellanox ConnectX QDR). I'll probbly be looking for same 2667 V2 CPUs as you, let me know if you find any great deals. ...BTW, what are you doing with requested 10 pairs of 2667 v2 CPUs?

Last edited:

Serverking

The quieter you are, the more you can hear...
Jan 6, 2019
I am probably a bit too ambitious with plans to move up to E5 V4 generation server. I should wait a bit longer for prices to drop for both E5 V4 CPUs & DDR4 memory
I would stick with E5 V3 if you want V4 type performance without paying those high prices, depending on your tuning and application you are running 2697 v4 will run at 2690 v3 level or so. I use my servers for testing haproxy, nginx, MySQL etc for high scalability architecture.

You have a great point on being able to build a half dozen E5 V2 generation servers for less money, more capabilities,
High-end V2s perform great, they are my workhorses. What app are you going to be running on them?

SuperMicro Twin
One of the reasons why I love SM.

I'll probbly be looking for same 2667 V2 CPUs as you, let me know if you find any great deals.
Will do.

abq

May 23, 2015
Thank You all for your help & suggestions. I have my CPUs, looking for memory next :)