Cleaning House - gear for sale

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
So, I've been told to clean out the mess that I've made as we prep for new baby and whatnot. As such, here's a list of parts up for sale before I wander through eBay and whatnot. They will ship from MN (55038) and I can calculate shipping for you. I don't mind sending international ;).

I'm going to post as an image until I can figure out a better way to list all these items... feel free to conversation/PM/etc me. Also feel free to ask questions!

selling.PNG

Last edited:

5teve

Jan 23, 2015
Perth, Australia
Also congrats.. and just in case, chuckleb has dealt with me internationally and is a pleasure to deal with.. (see my post in general)... now if only there were some 2 or 4 port NICs :)

Steve

Reactions: Patriot

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
I might have some of those in next round (or can get some for you if you need). Still sorting through and testing everything.

TuxDude

Sep 17, 2011
I could use a quad-port Gig NIC or two as well (preferably Intel based), and am on the fence about that netgear switch. I do need a new switch for home, with about that many ports, 802.1q VLAN support, 9K jumbo-frame support, and being rack-mount is a bonus.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Congrats on Kiddo. My wife is delivering tomorrow!!!

PS: SENT PM to buy some of your goodies.

Keep an eye out for 2Port Intel (US) 10GigE NICs when you're looking around the stash :D

Kristian

Jun 1, 2013
Congrats to both of you.
My Little son (22months) went to the toilet with mum for the 1st time yesterday.

His twin sister was not very amused that her brother was allowed to go to the toilet and she wasn't.

So she took of her diapers in the hallway and droped some friends off ... well ... not at the pool, but on the floor

:D:D:D

TuxDude

Sep 17, 2011
It wasn't all that long ago that my kids were that small too (3 and 5 years old now) - now they're starting to get old enough that I have time to play again. Just have to catch up on years of letting all my equipment get obsolete.

Congrats to all of you with new little ones recent and coming soon.

Reactions: MiniKnight

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
The C6100 is the 12 bay version. It is currently pending a sale, but I have a coworker with a matching system that may be interested in selling if you are interested.

Can't seem to find any dual-port nics, must have loaned them out to friends. Sigh.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Not to thread jack you at all Chuckleb and I may post a thread soon but I have dual port Intel/Broadcom and two quad port Intel's 'a plenty' after my 10G network upgrade 6 months or so ago. If anyone is interested PM me. I am fairly certain I have a single port Intel 10G card w/ built in optic that I could part ways with (forget PN/model). Again not looking to hijack and not hard up but they are spares and lookin' to help out. Now I feel guilty, I need to go post my own thread, profuse apologies.

CONGRATS Chuckleb on the new lil' one, 3 kiddos here (a wonder I have been able to build up any sort of lab) 3, 5, and 8, they are a BLAST but grow up quick, enjoy EVERY moment of it!

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
It's definitely loud and I wouldn't run in the same room... especially if you have more than one node on. I usually use with 1-3 nodes on, 1 node for ESX and the other 2 for testing our random distros on bare metal. I've run all 4 when testing Gluster and whatnot so I know they work, but then the fans are definitely loud since they are big.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Thank you for the quick PMs and information. Looking forward to the gear :)